Best AF lens for XT3?

Dustin

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Quick update on my purchase of the Viltrox 33mm 1.4, mixed so far. For the $260 I paid, i think it will be useful. First impressions, I think the AF is more useful for photo. The AF in video so far works good at single tracking but racking focus is a bit picky and not smooth like the 18-55 kit lens. I think there is a firmware update for it. A bit too busy to really put it through the pace but I think I shall keep it. Will report back here once I’ve spent a bit more time with it.

6 hours ago, Dustin said:

Quick update on my purchase of the Viltrox 33mm 1.4, mixed so far. For the $260 I paid, i think it will be useful. First impressions, I think the AF is more useful for photo. The AF in video so far works good at single tracking but racking focus is a bit picky and not smooth like the 18-55 kit lens. I think there is a firmware update for it. A bit too busy to really put it through the pace but I think I shall keep it. Will report back here once I’ve spent a bit more time with it.

Viltrox constantly releases firmware updates, with big improvements. Be sure to check in their site.

You don’t hear about them so much, but didn’t Tokina also release a set of primes for X Mount?

I remember the chatter late last year was that they were probably going to be just rehoused Viltrox and whether that is true or not I have no idea.

I was hoping around that time there would be solid info on an XH2 and these lenses might just be the answer to my Fuji video conundrum.

But no, it was not to be.

On 6/23/2021 at 6:06 PM, Marcio Kabke Pinheiro said:

Viltrox constantly releases firmware updates, with big improvements. Be sure to check in their site.

Thanks Marcio. Yes I had a spare usb 2.0 to micro cable I had originally ordered for my a6500 however, after many iterations of hooking in various combinations, could not for the life of me get my MBP's thunderbolt adapter to recognize it. I assume perhaps somehow the macbook pro was seeing it as a charger cable for power only (which makes no sense) or more likely, the lens just didn't like it? Either way, I've ordered a second cable and hope this one will work as Amazon states it in the title to be Data and Charging. 

I recently realized Fuji released a more prosumer body in the X-S10 and I'm very intrigued with IBIS. For the minimal amount of shooting I have time to do right now though, I'm gonna keep the XT3 unless I see a really good deal on an XT4. I wish Fuji had more OIS lenses. I love the Fuji Eterna and Classic Chrome profiles and actually even like having shutter speed/iso dials on the camera - as I shoot film from time to time and love the convenience. I just wish more third-party companies could build in OIS to their lenses. I use to have a third party, Tamron 17-50 F2.8 that was awesome. I'm no lens expert but why do more lens manufacturers not do this - cost?