EOSHD Pro Color 5 is out!

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

pro-color-5-title-image.jpg]

DSC03141.jpg

EOSHD-pro-color-difference.jpg

You can now shoot Pro Color on the latest Sony Cameras such as the A7S III and it has been comprehensively updated for all existing models. This is a universal release, so no need to download a certain version of Pro Color to match your model any more. This one works on all cameras even those without Picture Profiles like the A9.

Hope you enjoy it, looking forward to seeing your footage. Any thoughts or feedback, please feel free to comment!

https://www.eoshd.com/eoshd-pro-color-5/

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I'm considering this; I have an A7ii but have never shot video with it because I have better cameras for that job. But it would be nice to have a simple option for the occasional times when I want to/need to use it. My main question/concern is that I want to be sure this won't affect my raw shots in any way. I have heard (though I don't understand why) that applying some of the picture profiles can actually have an effect on raw images (perhaps because it can cause you to misjudge exposure, that's the only thing I can think of logically, but maybe there's more to it than that?). I use my A7iii for stills and always shoot in raw.

• Administrators

Some picture profiles like S-LOG have a high minimum ISO - say 1600 on some cameras. But that isn't the case with Pro Color and you exposure it as normal. It won't affect the RAW stills, just video and JPEGs. I am working on a version for RAWs, as Sony's RAW presets in Adobe Camera Raw and the Adobe ones don't bring out the best results either a lot of the time!

Hi Andrew,

Just got the v5 upgrade, but ran in some challenges implementing it on my A7Rm2 and RX10M2 (4k versions with picture profiles).

Your descriptions mentions under GAMMA (choise 1!) (and then CINE 4) but the RX10m2 only has CIne 1 and 2)

Further there is nog S-Gamut3.cine (just S-Gamut)

No changes to the A7M2 camera's... 

So what do you recommend?

Cheers

Stefan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2021 at 12:33 PM, Dave Del Real said:

Dude….

Bought Pro Color 5 for my A73 and must say that I really like PP3. Yeah, PP1 has more dynamic range but in a controlled setting PP3 just has that feel that’s indescribable. Looks fantastic. Thanks for your hard work, it’s really appreciated.

Care to share footage samples with it?

I bought V5 a week and have yet to fiddle with it in A7S3. Had V4 on my previous A73 and loved the colors!

I do have a question though…probably a silly one but here goes: in S-Log 3 I can shoot incredibly clean footage in low light at 12,800 ISO. I’m curious which of these new profiles Andrew created are best in low light, and are any of them able to output clean footage at 12,800 ISO? 

thanks!

• Administrators

A7S III at 12,800 is very clean because this is when the dual gain ISO kicks in for S-LOG 3.

It comes in earlier for Pro Color. Try the Venice profile and see how much cleaner it is than S-LOG 3 at ISO 10,000 for instance 🙂

• 1 month later...

I really like colors from EOS Pro Color 5, but WB settings are a bit confusing for me, because most of those have green bias. At least on my A7R III (and it was the same on A7 III) AWB white was often giving me yellow/greenish results, and I think that's something @Andrew Reid mentioned on several thread. So when I use PP2 settings with suggested AWB settings, I'm getting visibly green results. Any advice which AWB settings to use on A7R III?

• 2 months later...