Free music and soundscapes for your projects

Eric Matyas

Hi everyone,

I've got a new site up and running to try to help indie filmmakers, students, and anyone who needs original royalty free production music for their youtube videos, student films, games, presentations, home videos, etc. The cost of licensing music today is truly outragous, so I'm trying to do what I can to help people express their ideas and visions.

www.soundimage.org

Any feedback, suggestions, etc., are welcome (and greatly appreciated!)

Thanks,

Eric

• 3 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi everyone,

I've added a bunch of new pieces to the site and simplified the pricing of using the music: 

Free for noncommercial use

$5/track for commercial use.

This saves everyone the step of having to contact me for a price. It was suggested by a forum member.

Hope my music is helpful. As always, all feedback is welcome and greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks,

Eric

Hey Eric, Would would be the terms of use if one was to use it in a video contest/short film competition?

As long as there's no monetary gain for you, then the contests, festivals, etc. that you screen your film in would be considered noncommercial and you can use the music free of charge.

If you do decide to use my music, please send me a link to your film...I'd love to check it out.

Thanks,

Eric 

Guest d5f8611fa423d0e628c016f9d5c93b47

Hey Eric,

Thanks for letting us know about your site- some of your music is really nice.

I used your piano piece "Isolation" for this video I've just thrown together for the Vimeo weekend challenge:

I put your details in the description and at the end of the video. If you'd like me to credit you differently/in a specific way in future, please let me know.

Many thanks!

Matt

Hey Eric,

Thanks for letting us know about your site- some of your music is really nice.

I used your piano piece "Isolation" for this video I've just thrown together for the Vimeo weekend challenge:

I put your details in the description and at the end of the video. If you'd like me to credit you differently/in a specific way in future, please let me know.

Many thanks!

Matt

Great video, Matt. Love it.

It's exactly how I feel about the sea as well...I try to spend as much time by the ocean as possible...for precisely those reasons.

Thanks for using "Isolation." In the future, if you could please credit me as:

Isolation

by Eric Matyas

www.soundimage.org

...that would be great.

Glad it was helpful!

Eric