Potential changes to the forum to prioritise good content, suggestions welcome...

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Yeah and mebbe at the end of the year give away some of your gear to the winner :D :P

Not necessary. Giving attention to the winner by posting his work and name on a blog this huge, is better and much more useful to the talent than gear. 

+ to audio section

Not necessary. Giving attention to the winner by posting his work and name on a blog this huge, is better and much more useful to the talent than gear. 

+ to audio section

Err I don't know how huge getting exposure on this blog would be. Let's be honest. It's a good blog but I doubt it would provide enough exposure to the winner. I would love to be wrong on this one :). Ohh and gear is always useful. Gear + Exposure could be the best. 

Good idea about the screening room competition :)

Yeah and mebbe at the end of the year give away some of your gear to the winner :D :P

Let's be brutally honest. Of all the videos in the Screening Room, only, say, ten impressed me at all.  My own stuff would also go unnoticed, for it isn't any better.

A contest could be a good way to focus our ambitions. Set a motto, a subject, set a date, when all films have to be online on the same day (not earlier, not later). Create a poll for ten days (or so). Allow people from outside EOSHD to vote (don't know how, perhaps via facebook?).

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

eoshd-analytics.jpg

Exactly.

Plus, it will open up the chance for us to crtitique films, discuss ideas. Shutting up any "content is king you gearheads" talk forever :)

eoshd-analytics.jpg

Could you post stats from before GH4 announcement and NAB too?

Would also love to know how many have got paid gigs, etc due to 'exposure' from this forum. 

Exactly.

Plus, it will open up the chance for us to crtitique films, discuss ideas. Shutting up any "content is king you gearheads" talk forever :)

There already is a section on ideas, and to showcase you stuff.  Giving some gear would just give a better incentive to participants. And it's just a simple suggestion.  Maybe this blog doesn't have the required resources for it. No harm done. How will it shut any of the talk is something you would know..

I find the trolling/spam/flame wars actually quite mild in this site compared to most of the net forums, and although there are some "eccentrics"  around they dont really hurt the conversations here..

you could also go Greek....but this would make things more heated i guess.

os·tra·cism  noun ËˆÃ¤s-trÉ™-ËŒsi-zÉ™m
:  a method of temporary banishment by popular vote without trial or special accusation practiced in ancient Greece
:  exclusion by general consent from common privileges or social acceptance

Andrew, I can see why you are getting burned out.  I even see members attacking you, the moderator.  I don't know what's the matter with some of these people.

A "Report" button, so members could report to moderators those engaged in personal attacks, would be a big help to the moderators, so they don't have to scan through every thread.

"Ignore" buttons are also good, so members can block those who always engage in personal attacks (they don't typically have anything useful to say anyway).

Michael