First sample video from the new KineMINI 4K - image quality looks seriously impressive

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I don't have a mustache I can wax nor do I live in Echo Park and visit NAB on trust fund money.  Am I still allowed to buy the camera?

I'm not sure the hipster set is interested in this.  The Digital Bolex, on the other hand...

And I just waxed my mustache.  It's marvelous.  :D 

The footage above by no means does the KineMini justice, some of the other stuff I've seen from the earlier cams is incredible. 

It's a completely different market to the GH4, A7S... probably why hardly anyone on this forum is interested in it! 

The Kinefinity guys are also very forward thinking.. I think they are going to do very well. 

I want one. 

The footage above by no means does the KineMini justice, some of the other stuff I've seen from the earlier cams is incredible. 

It's a completely different market to the GH4, A7S... probably why hardly anyone on this forum is interested in it! 

The Kinefinity guys are also very forward thinking.. I think they are going to do very well. 

I want one. 

I Totally agree on this. I have my self personaly downloaded and seen the cineform Raw footage on their website. The footage is lovely. The images coming from these cameras are far more organic and film like than any other I have seen so far. The BMD cameras yes have good color science but in the end they have that DIGITAL film look to it. The kinefinity cameras on the other hand have a very organic film look which is what I am after. The footages from these cameras dont have any digital like sharpening to it. Its soft yet detailed, organic and very film like. I dont know why isnt anyone paying attention to these cameras. I just saw the footage coming from A7s as well and did a side by side comparison. The A7s being a low light monster and its wide dynamic range still looked plain video even in SLOG 2 mode.

I've been watching Kinefinity and I gotta say, the MINI got all the features I need. 

I also love the design of the MINI, it feel like an old camera. Wish I could pop a grip underneath it with a recording trigger.

Even though the shots in the video aren't great and the 2K 96fps sucks atm, it's still on my to buy list.

I've been watching Kinefinity and I gotta say, the MINI got all the features I need. 

I also love the design of the MINI, it feel like an old camera. Wish I could pop a grip underneath it with a recording trigger.

Even though the shots in the video aren't great and the 2K 96fps sucks atm, it's still on my to buy list.

You can attach a DSLR type grip onto the side of the KineMini. 

Definitely the most intriguing camera of NAB, followed closely by the AJA. 

Really want to order one but don't have the cash yet. 

You can attach a DSLR type grip onto the side of the KineMini. 

Definitely the most intriguing camera of NAB, followed closely by the AJA. 

Really want to order one but don't have the cash yet. 

Same problem here, just over half way there though. The grip was more of a joke ;) I'll go with a v-mount. 

For those interested, you can download some dng stills here: http://bit.ly/1oSCOCM

The images are truly amazing, way better representation than the video they made. 

What I love about Kinefinity is that they have always provided raw footage upfront, even before hardware design was still fully finalized, kind of the opposite of Blackmagic. The Kine+ is a seriously hilarious dig at Blackmagic's half-baked approach to camera-making. Damn. It's like..."here, son, lemme help you with that..." 

What I love about Kinefinity is that they have always provided raw footage upfront, even before hardware designed was still fully finalized, kind of the opposite of Blackmagic. The Kine+ is a seriously hilarious dig at Blackmagic's half-baked approach to camera-making. Damn. It's like..."here, son, lemme help you with that..." 

I think its a very clever marketing stunt to be honest. No doubt they will run the modding service, but they will be getting linked into a lot of stuff related to Blackmagic because of it. People will be like, 'sod modding my Blackmagic, this KineMINI is the real deal!' 

Same problem here, just over half way there though. The grip was more of a joke ;) I'll go with a v-mount. 

Surprised I missed the joke!