Princess Diana - death by a million clicks

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

princess-diana.jpg

Photographers and tabloid paparazzi are said to have played a significant role in the death of Princess Diana in the 1990s. Now there are new revelations about the role journalists at the BBC played in her life and events leading to her death.

However, there is more to this story than meets the eye.

New blog post:

https://www.eoshd.com/news/princess-diana-death-by-a-million-clicks/

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Interesting article, that unfortunately I don't have time to finish reading right now. I'll definitely come back when I can give it my full attention!

However, I wanted mention that there are paparazzi laws in France. I'm not sure if it's a result of this subject, or if it was already the case / brought in by something else. But it certainly shows something can be done about those parasites.

If I'm honest I have no feelings about Diana as a person. At the time of her death I felt sorry for her kids (my mum died when I was 13). 

What us true is that all over the world "democratic" governments (quite often right wing but not always) are attacking real journalists and outlets whilst turning a blind eye to complete shite spouted by their favoured outlets (all in the name of free speech you know) and let arch manipulators like Murdoch off scott free.

I wouldn't trust BJ as far as I could throw the fat, weasly shite. An example of why Britain is no longer seen as a sensible nor trustworthy country (not that it ever was).

This is why I hope Dominion wins their suit against Fox News, NewsMax, and others for their blatant, malicious lies and deception. To serve as a shot across the bow of all news organizations (or wanna be news organizations) for dipping their toes in this crap. You can't rely on shame or morals anymore you simply have to take their money.

Many of the worlds woes can be traced back to "opinion news", perhaps the most ridiculous pair of words together I have ever seen, and this toxic tabloid conspiracy theory fear mongering prattle from Murdoch owned companies and others.

• Administrators

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/may/21/tabloids-hurt-princess-diana-panorama-bbc-scapegoat

“Defund the BBC,” was last night’s pontification from former Sun editor Kelvin Mackenzie, who once put Diana’s covertly recorded private phone calls on a premium-rate line so readers could ring in and have a listen. And those were the good years. Half the stuff these guys did in pursuit of Diana stories is, mercifully for them, completely unprintable.

Alas, we will spend the next few days hearing of the BBC’s shame from some of the most shameless hypocrites in human history. The tabloids may not like Prince Harry’s reincarnation as a super-rich Californian wellness bore, but it does have the moral edge over pulling people’s medical records and hacking the phones of murdered 13-year-old girls.

• Super Members
7 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Alas, we will spend the next few days hearing of the BBC’s shame from some of the most shameless hypocrites in human history

Led by the newspaper columnist fired from the Times for making quotes up from his own godfather, who then went on to fabricate stories about the EU at the Telegraph that seeded Brexit and has somehow ended up being the actual Prime Minister.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/14/boris-johnson-brussels-bashing-stories-shaped-politics

As for Kelvin Mackenzie, this clip where he gets a taste of his own medicine from another journalist after the real "truth" of his role in the despicable lies told about the Hillsborough disaster and stood behind for 20 years were fully exposed tells you all you need to know about him.

The ongoing collusion between the UK government and Murdoch is very well illustrated in this chart from the Press Gazette in February showing meeting with government ministers by publication.

20210522_103620.thumb.png.97286b679ff7292cd6e6d121696b82b5.png

The power of the media has long been the deciding factor in who wins elections, and the attack on the BBC from the far right of the Conservative party is just a continuation of this story.  My cynical mind thinks they are preparing the ground for Fox News to sweep up as much of the BBC audience as possible by creating a faux scandal around this story.  They've been really gunning for the BBC at least since the Brexit vote campaign, where BJ was putting fake numbers on buses and whipping up fear about immigration on billboard posters.

The Guardian published an article last week about education being the next front of the war on liberal values (which started with BJ's defence of Britain's whitewashed heritage during the Black Lives Matter protests a few months back).  Gavin Williamson (how is he still in his job after the exams mess?!) is making massive cuts to education budgets in the arts.  The article's assertion is that BJ (Williamson doesn't have any original thoughts, so we know who's behind this) wants to divert government funds from university education in liberal arts to his "leveling up" agenda - which is really an electioneering agenda, to pump education funds into the 'Red Wall' constituencies that voted Conservative in the last election.  It's a back door re-juggling of the government finances to re-mould the Conservative voter base towards the working class.

It's no coincidence in my view that the government failed to suport the arts sector during the Covid pandemic.  A huge swathe of people in the arts are freelance, as we all know here.  And a huge chunk of these people receivec no financial support during the pandemic.

Of course, this sort of political game can only work if the media allow the government to manipulate opinion.  Thankfully we still have the Guardian, FT, and Channel 4 alongside the BBC...

Don't get me wrong, whilst my politics are left of centre my brain is not delusional.  The Blair Labour government financed university education (including mine!) for a much larger proportion of the population, and it is known by our current government that the vast majority of university-educated people are on the left of politics.  Blair knew this too, and it was part of his project to create more Labour supporters like me!  It worked, and so BJ wants to undo it.

Back to Princess Diana, there's no doubt the BBC messed up and covered it up.  And so they have no choice but to fess-up and make changes.  The BBC and other reputable media companies can't fight corruption and injustice if they're not upholding their own principles and values.  Liberal-minded types would never live with it.  BJ knows this, and will take full advantage of the chaos that ensues.  That's just the dirty game of politics.

Princess Diana's death was both a tragedy for her sons, and a mystery that stirred a lot of conjecture about what "really happened" surrounding that tunnel crash.  But that same cynical part of my brain is less convinced about Prince William's motives for his strong statement against the BBC.  "The Firm" is a business, before it is a family.  The nature of that business is evident from the ease with which Prince Harry moved to LA and started his new celebrity career.  In reality, the royal family is a state-backed media institution.  As much as I feel for the tragedy of these sons' loss, I'm no royalist.

Click bait youtube and ticotoxic have devastating effects as papparazzi. I wish both were just dancin, singin or educational content, which they are, although burried under tons of toxic content. The burrying is done by a super aggressive push mechanism, working and interconnecting across media, showing toxic content in all its camouflages, on all kinds of media and channels and occasions.

Andrew you seem to have an incredibly romantic view of British royalty 'I once met Princess Diana as a schoolboy. I remember it vividly. Waving flags, bright colours.' That's ok I guess (I used to hang out with Di's brother, Charles, at school and he seemed a decent sort of guy.)

But I do think the whole royalty thing has been massively devalued (not that it really should have been valued in the first place) by the whole millionaire royals complaining to millionaire presenters about being traumatized by their 'excessive privileges'. When you get involved with the royal family (or like Diana choose to get involved with the royal family) you are in fact taking on 'a deal with devil' with ultimate riches and the consequences that come with them...

This is not the place for politics, but it has to be said, we have a ruling duplicitious class.

And it doesn't bode well for the next election. The BBC silenced and no doubt a massive Tory war chest coming its way with donations from all those suspect Covid contracts.

Just to put this in perspective, the largest dam in the world, the Chinese Three Gorges, generating the equivalent of 15 nuclear power stations cost $32billion to build. We spent £37billion on a practically useless Test and Trace app. . . 

On 5/22/2021 at 12:21 AM, Andrew Reid said:

princess-diana.jpg

Photographers and tabloid paparazzi are said to have played a significant role in the death of Princess Diana in the 1990s. Now there are new revelations about the role journalists at the BBC played in her life and events leading to her death.

However, there is more to this story than meets the eye.

New blog post:

https://www.eoshd.com/news/princess-diana-death-by-a-million-clicks/

wow, what an interesting revelation

On 5/23/2021 at 11:52 PM, HighSpeedThink said:

This is not the place for politics, but it has to be said, we have a ruling duplicitious class.

And it doesn't bode well for the next election. The BBC silenced and no doubt a massive Tory war chest coming its way with donations from all those suspect Covid contracts.

Just to put this in perspective, the largest dam in the world, the Chinese Three Gorges, generating the equivalent of 15 nuclear power stations cost $32billion to build. We spent £37billion on a practically useless Test and Trace app. . . 

I started to do a few calculations based on this post - that the UK had spent GBP37bn on a test and trace app and worked out that it amounted to about GBP600 for every man, woman and child in the UK. It is also equivalent to roughly the UK annual defense budget which would be pretty incredible given those nuclear subs and what not.

Unfortunately for the story it turns out that the total cost of the test and trace app is actually around GBP35m that is 'm for million' as opposed to 'bn for billion'. So it is wrong by a factor of a 1,000 (one thousand). It is a bit of a shame as it would have been incredibly funny if the UK had spent GBP37bn on a test and trace app.

https://www.digitalhealth.net/2020/09/total-cost-of-nhs-contact-tracing-app-set-to-top-35-million/

29 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

If it was really 37bn, it is a scandal even for Brazilian standards (our fascist president spent £350.000 in a 15-day vacation - in proved expenses, corporate card expenses are secret).

• Administrators
2 hours ago, MrSMW said:

I'm not that interested, but 37 Billion on an app?!

If that really is the figure, there's a bunch of people somewhere that need blindfolding and lining up against the wall 🤪

It's 37 billion in total funding over 2 years for the app and entire track and trace system which has highly paid consultants, a big Tory running it, people phoning you up when you're quarantining, and so on. "Only" 35 million of this was to develop a phone app based on already existing Google and Apple technology to alert you when you may have been in contact with somebody who has tested positive. I think some of that money was wasted on an earlier app as well that never saw the light of day because they switched strategies later to use the Google / Apple methods of tracing, since it's seen as more privacy conscious and less draining of your phone's battery life.

When I was quarantining last month when I came back from Germany, I got a call every day for 10 days from the system basically asking if I was in my home and being a good boy. Yes. If you miss every call because you're on the toilet or whatever, there's no obligation to prove you didn't break the quarantine. It's all a complete waste of money.

The onus is on the public to behave.

I don't think any of the government measures really do much but cause us all a big hassle.

If you came back from a covid hotspot with the virus and tested positive during home quarantine, by that point you'd have given it to your kids, relatives, wife, etc. And they'd all be mixing it in the community. And indeed a lot of people who brought the Indian variant into the country did not bother even sticking to the rules and some people are even still carrying on as normal when they're sick and know they have it.

Unless you have a very strict quarantine like New Zealand with the hotels for everybody, you may as well have none.

It always starts with just 1 case and goes from there.

It's either all or nothing as far as the rules go.

In the UK it has always been a patchwork of half measures.

The most concerning thing for me is how so few journalists are questioning how the money was wasted and why the sums are so high.

The government has the press and The BBC very well trained it seems.

The summary of which is even if 99.9% follow the rules, it only takes the 0.1% and the system (and point) of it is fucked.

So what is the point?

Some people just feel a need to do ‘something’ and the rest see an opportunity to make a few quid.