Does Z-Log work with the Nikon Z6ii?

Patrick Rojo

I just paid for and downloaded the z-log files, but I noticed that nowhere does it mention the Z6ii or Z7ii. Does this work with these models, and if yes, do I just select the files for my camera model's predecessor(the Z6 uses the .NP3 version)? I assume it does work on my camera model, as I noticed a topic in the forum mentioning that the Z6ii and the Z7ii firmware needs to be updated to fix a dropped frame issue while shooting in 4k 60fps, however, no info has been updated on the EOSHD website, or in the provided instructions to reflect the updated camera compatibility, and I'm nervous about possibly putting incompatible files into a brand new camera. TIA

• 1 month later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi Patrick,

while shooting a film with the new Z6ii and Z7ii we stumble across the problem with the dropped frame while shooting in 4k 60fps and using Z-log for both of the cameras. We found an easy solution to it to repair the footage but putting a "Posterize Time" effect on it in Premiere Pro but still it is a bummer and we can't see any EOSHD updates about it. 

All other formats and fps work fine with the new models except for the 4K 60fps! 

So guys, be careful, we almost did an entire shoot of 2 weeks with this error. Every second frame looks something like this:

https://imgur.com/a/ABhFo9X

UPDATE:

I recently found an eoshd update from April about his here: https://www.eoshd.com/news/nikon-z6-ii-firmware-update-fix-for-eoshd-z-log-and-custom-picture-profiles-in-4k-60p/ 

So the firmware update should repair this but i haven't tested it yet.