BlackMagic URSA

itimjim

Woah!!

intro.jpg

Introducing Blackmagic URSA, the world’s first high end digital film camera designed to revolutionize workflow on set. Built to handle the ergonomics of large film crews as well as single person use, URSA has everything built in, including a massive 10 inch fold out on set monitor, large user upgradeable Super 35 global shutter 4K image sensor, 12G-SDI and internal dual RAW and ProRes recorders. Because the sensor and lens mount assembly can be changed, you can choose EF or PL lens mounts, or even a broadcast video sensor with B4 mount. This means you can upgrade to the latest sensor technology in the future and keep your investment in the camera body!

EF Mount: $5,995

PL Mount: $6,495

http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicursa

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I suppose some people might go a bit bonkers over this release, especially if you bought the 4K cam.

However, we know that the release date of July is bollocks, so gives us time to save up for Jan next year.

Now they really are trying to go after the Alexa!

I wonder if the HDMI version could be upgradeable to add a sensor/lens mount at a later date?

One other thing, the URSA comes in a version with no sensor or lens mount. It uses the front 15mm rails to house a mounting plate for DSLR and you plumb your DSLR into the 4k HDMI Input of the URSA body. So you get the URSA workflow, but with any clean outputting HDMI camera you want to use.

So for instance, mount the Sony A7s, Panny GH4, etc on the front of it. No idea of pricing, but what a clever little idea.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

One other thing, the URSA comes in a version with no sensor or lens mount. It uses the front 15mm rails to house a mounting plate for DSLR and you plumb your DSLR into the 4k HDMI Input of the URSA body. So you get the URSA workflow, but with any clean outputting HDMI camera you want to use.

So for instance, mount the Sony A7s, Panny GH4, etc on the front of it. No idea of pricing, but what a clever little idea.

That picture of the 5D mounted in the URSA on their site looks RIDICULOUS! :D Lovely idea. This is a camera with an awesome formfactor/ergonmics and feature, that you can use "any" sensor from any camera on. Imagine that, don't like the Blackmagic sensor in lowlight? Put on a 5D's! :D

The GH2 was the last GH Panasonic will ever sell me, the last DSLR/Mirrorless I'll ever buy to shoot anything but stills with.  I find nothing appealing about the GH4 or the Sony.  I'll never buy another compressed camera (lossy, h264 or variants), one that tops out at 422 or needs another box to shoot RAW.  BMD has done nothing to sway my interest in their products and these new cameras only solidify my resolve that if I can't have an Alexa it'll be a Blackmagic.