Panasonic GH2 Discontinued? What the!?!?

TheJoker

I wanted to get the Panasonic GH2 w/ 14-140 lens to compliment my canon 60D, when I was about  to do a purchase at B&H I found out that GH2 is discontinued. Now I am having second thoughts of buying the GH2. Any thoughts on this issue of discontinuing this product? Or has Panasonic gone mad to pull out this camera?

What is up with this?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/736362-REG/Panasonic_DMC_GH2H_K_Lumix_DMC_GH2_Digital_Camera.html

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
I hope its just a quantity issue or the supply has gone low. I wish they (Panasonic) are more clear about things like this, makes buyers like me a tiny bit hesitant to buy a new camera system and end-up being discontinued and not supported. Or the new GH3 might pop-out of nowhere  ;D  Maybe I should hold out a bit before I pull the trigger on this purchase, see what happens...

hmmm...and now after Panny had the rebates on the 14-42 kits earlier this month dropping the price to $750...they now have instant rebates on the body only dropping it's price after instant rebate to $699 til the 21st of April....something is up...B&H saying the larger kit is discontinued is telling...as they are the largest Volume dealer of high end cameras in the US..they get everything FIRST!!!!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/736343-REG/Panasonic_DMC_GH2K_Lumix_DMC_GH2_Digital_Camera.html

• Administrators
The GH2 isn't discontinued. The 14-140 kit likely is. I don't recommend that lens anyway for most people.

Grab the body only and choose the lens separately.

Panasonic officially say the GH2 will be in production until October when GH3 is due. I've seen this info on an official Panasonic slide.

Thanks for all the info and your help guys, this is truly great forum. Thanks Andrew, brilliant work! Kirk I like your thinking, may I should just get it and just enjoy the bloody camera. Windmann, Thanks for the heads up on the B&H link, I didn't see this yesterday. I believer your right "something is up" @ Panny Land...  I am probably going to get the GH2 body only and just use my Canon primes... Crap!!! Now I need an EOS to MFT adapter w/ aperture control... Great, more stuff to think about and more research fiddle about hahaha  ;D

Respectfully, I have one more GH2 noob question here... I have an Olympus E-PL2, brilliant little camera I like it immensely. I bought this one awhile back really my first MFT.  This Oly came with two kit lens 14-42mm f3.5 - f5.6 II and 40-150mm f4-5.6 and question is will these lens work if I bought the GH2 body only?  :)

Again, I greatly appreciate all your help here... Good day mates!  ;D