Atomos announce new Ninja V+ & Ninja Stream

androidlad

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I hoped they would have updated the design. I would have like to see an end to the 2.5" drives, especially the unnecessarily expensive and proprietary atomX drives, in favor of an m.2 enclosure. Would have a far smaller footprint and makes room for a return to dual battery slots. The unsymmetrical weight distribution bothers me. An updated 1500-2500 nit screen would be nice as well as a reduction in bezel size. Wonder how long they will remain the only game in town for ProresRAW recording.

11 hours ago, currensheldon said:

Very strange they didn’t update the design a bit. The off centered battery causes tons of mounting problems, the screen isn’t that bright for $1600, and no SDI is very strange since these are basically raw recorders now (which wasn’t entirely the case when the first Ninja V came out). Pretty lazy upgrade. 

Yup its 3X the price you would expect 1500nit screen at least since it can support hdr also no update on fan fix? It loud on V 😶 my rode video mic pro catches it and its  really annoying.  

Well, after yesterday's rainy-day birding hike I finally decided that any such addition of external electronic devices is certainly "asking for equipment failure" and, so, external RAW recording is clearly out-of-the-question for my needs. Looks like "Internal RAW recording" is going to be be a priority issue for me on my next camera purchase! Ha!

On a positive note for those looking into this device...the folks at atomosdotcom are having a raffle for one of these new units on their website (Disclaimer: I am not an agent for this company!). One should note their contradictory terms and conditions (BOLDing mine)...

<<

4. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.

>>

...while later down that same page...

<<

12. The entrant must update all of their details on my.atomos.com including name, phone number and address ,plus [sic] register at least one Atomos product including the product’s serial number, ID, purchase date and reseller

>>

...before proceeding. LOL.

As I am not already a customer (and I'm not, er, "into" corporate data harvesting of my personal information {especially my phone number!} from, uh, "my"-type sites) I will not be entering (and, well, will not be able to enter even if I "wanted to"!)...so, um, "better odds" for some other interested party! 😉

The Ninja V+ might be interesting to someone with the right camera, but the Ninja stream is a kind of a joke. Rental only? For the fees they are expecting, you'd be much better off just buying an ATEM and 15-inch monitor, even for a single camera livestream workflow. I'm just not seeing a benefit this thing offers over livestream workflows/products already out there.

Rental only makes no sense at all for the type of product they are, who does Atomos think they are....  Panavision?? HA!

Perhaps they've got supply issues and can only make a limited amount at the moment, thus are testing the waters first before making their widely available for sale. 

11 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Rental only makes no sense at all for the type of product they are, who does Atomos think they are....  Panavision?? HA!

Perhaps they've got supply issues and can only make a limited amount at the moment, thus are testing the waters first before making their widely available for sale. 

Not a very good way to test the waters, IMO. If they wanted to do that, they could have shipped a bunch to YT creators as Beta models and gauged response to those videos, something like that. Testing the waters by introducing a product into a market that doesn't fit really makes no sense to me.

But whatever. I'm no marketing genius, just another one-man-band video production company doing the occasional paid livestream, so it really doesn't matter what I think.