DJI Mavic Air 2S coming soon with 1inch sensor

androidlad

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

«The DJI Air 2s will bring some upgrades compared to the Mavic Air 2. While the manufacturer still installed a half-inch small 48 megapixel sensor for photos in the Air 2, this will be upgraded to 20 megapixels in the successor (without Mavic branding). On the other hand, at 600 grams, the drone is 30 grams heavier than its predecessor. The manufacturer also brings the 10-bit color space into the camera. This means that over a billion colors can be recorded.

With “Intelligent HDR”, the manufacturer has brought a function into the drone that “automatically combines several recordings in order to increase the dynamic range of images without post-processing”. The drone also supports a hyperlapse and a panorama function.

As you can see on our renders, the drone has a total of four rotors, which can accelerate at a maximum of 19 meters per second (as with the Mavic Air 2). For this, the drone can be operated up to a maximum of 6000 meters above sea level. The internal memory is again measured at 8 gigabytes. For video makers, a new feature has now been integrated with “Master Shots”, which executes ten different maneuvers of a subject and makes short recordings. The subject always remains in the center of the picture. The drone supports the well-known standards “Spotlight 2.0” and “Point of Interest 3.0”, but the drone also introduces “ActiveTrack 4.0”. Simply put, this is tracking an object.

DJI Air 2s: Also interesting for FPV beginners

With the new Air 2s drone, the autopilot is also being upgraded to version 4.0. It detects foreign objects in all four directions and avoids them. The “FPV Goggles V2” known from the new DJI FPV drone are also supported by the DJI Air 2s. Accordingly, the drone also supports the new “OcuSync 3.0” transmission standard, with which the rendering in the glasses should run smoothly. To avoid airplanes or helicopters, DJI uses the “ADS-B” signal transmitter to receive a signal from nearby airplanes.

The battery has a capacity of 3,500 mAh, this has already been confirmed by an FCC entry. The drone comes in white, an exact price is not yet available, but it should be over 800 euros. The presentation will take place in April 2021.»

source

Still a shame they didn't keep the OG Air form factor. I guess that is what the Mini is now...

Even if it had terrible flight time, I would rather have a small, light 1" sensor drone with 10-bit log to throw up for 5-8 mins to get unique prospective with high quality video.

This also means a Mavic 3 Pro is probably coming this year as well.

6 hours ago, Video Hummus said:

Still a shame they didn't keep the OG Air form factor. I guess that is what the Mini is now...

Even if it had terrible flight time, I would rather have a small, light 1" sensor drone with 10-bit log to throw up for 5-8 mins to get unique prospective with high quality video.

This also means a Mavic 3 Pro is probably coming this year as well.

I want a mini 250 g with 1'' sensor, not interested in bigger drone as is now just a pita especially here if you need/wants to fly over people. Would be already good 10bit with log in the current mini 2

6 hours ago, gt3rs said:

I want a mini 250 g with 1'' sensor, not interested in bigger drone as is now just a pita especially here if you need/wants to fly over people. Would be already good 10bit with log in the current mini 2

I think we will see it...eventually. But I also think the drone laws will get more restrictive as FPV drones become more popular.

11 hours ago, gt3rs said:

You ARE 100% accurate : ) Here's my two cents... On early April 2021:

image.png.4f1146f81848c15e3fa6bae8c27b2f9e.png

Big fan of insta360.... I have two one R (360, 1”). The quality of 360 reframed is not there yet but is so much fun.... and finally I can have some selfie too:

3913C849-58C8-4C7E-89F5-AE6745711951.thumb.jpeg.f9703e6d4ff4418570e88b3768e020ae.jpeg

B29B5674-BEA7-4CBC-A5B2-332D553B77A0.thumb.jpeg.8a238033cb62af47d5b9196845abca05.jpeg

D5E7DB08-01E2-4DB0-B598-74A7B44E9840.thumb.jpeg.04ab25d498e36ebe49d8bbfcd45a895c.jpeg

I have a mini 2 also, big improvement over mini 1 in wind resistance and even more important video signal / range but is missing 10bit log or at list a more flat profile. 

I see where you are : )

The point is form factor is what it is...

No other Camera Phone replaces the ASUS ZENFONE 7 PRO flip camera concept, as for instance...

A bit the same with the Osmo Pocket, some other pretty decent example.

Apples to oranges, it's all about that, that's what makes the shooting (style, I mean), the shot and the shooter himself/herself ; ) Photography isn't only light coming through.

- E.

Full spec published:

https://dronedj.com/2021/04/12/unboxing-video-reveals-dji-air-2s-drone-specifications/

Fixed f/2.8 Aperture

FOV 88 degrees, 22mm lens (35mm equivalent)

Max Image Size – 20 MP: 5472×3648, 3:2, 5472×3078, 16:9

Video Resolution: 5.4k: 5472×3078 24/25/30 p @10bit

4k Ultra HD; 3840×2160 24/25/30/48/50/60 p @10bit

2.7 k: 2688×1512 24/25/30/48/50/60p @10bit

FHD 1920X1080 24/25/30/48/50/60/120 P @10bit

On 4/12/2021 at 10:39 PM, MicahMahaffey said:

The fixed apature is how DJI prevents this from replacing the pro 2

Although I am curious if a pro 3 is on the way. 

I'm betting on it essentially being an air 2s with apature control and possibly 8k.  

It would take a completely different sensor to go 8k since that's just over 33mp, so far we haven't seen anything that high rez from the 1" sensor. DJI has ProRes and raw on the older Inspire cameras, seems like that's a way to stay "pro" with the Pro 3 in addition to 4k60p.

Personally I hope they go m43 and higher framerates/bitrates with pro 3.

I had high hopes for the new drone, but the fixed aperture kills the Air 2s for me, I need manual exposure.

Chris