RJ jinfinance Focal Reducer

Pascal Garnier

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

cool as RJ are making a Canon FD - M4/3 soon...............which Im waiting for

I have a feeling the RJ and Mitakon are very similar optically

I just really want my M42 - M4/3 RJ adaptor!

Russain glass+Isco 54+Pocket=Perfection

I suspect that they are v.similar too & that they will only get better, assuming that someone figures out the SB glass recipe or just simply improves on it.

The one thing that puzzles me is why Metabones chose the Nikon mount & didn't just release more versions for the BM camera SBs?

They could've made a killing!

LOL Andy- The FD has been out since I first heard about the RJ booster! I bought one in FD and EOS, and actually used the FD version this morning on a shoot!

Since my lenses are all FD, vintage Nikon or EOS, I now have them all boosted (Nikon on an EOS adapter). And the FD's get stepless aperture adjustment using the lever. I guess if I ever get any modern Nikon glass I'd need another adapter with the iris adjustment ring there too. Since I also own and use a Canon body, I mostly stick to EOS when it comes to modern glass (and stop down iris on EOS body before placing on adapter when necessary).

Which brings me to answer this guy:

The one thing that puzzles me is why Metabones chose the Nikon mount & didn't just release more versions for the BM camera SBs?

They could've made a killing!

The Nikon mount is the furthest flange distance of the popular lens types. That means the lens sits farther away from the film/sensor, and why you can almost universally mount a Nikon lens on any other body type (EOS, M4/3, etc) yet not vice versa. The BM focal reducer is a tight fit, as we've already seen. I'm willing to bet that they need all the distance they can get in order to fit that crazy reduction optic in there. EOS might be possible as it is only slightly closer, but Metabones has held out on the EOS mount until they get an active mount working as they did for the Sony adapters. Likely for the very reasons I mentioned above; without an EOS body available to change aperture, modern lenses are difficult to use on a passive dumb adapter. Once they start rolling those out, we might see an EOS adapter for the BM cameras with the same crazy optic, but I feel like anything shorter than that is too tight of a squeeze!

Got my RJ FD - M43 Reducer today and got to say, was pretty surprised at how sharp it is! To my eyes, there's no loss of sharpness and the IQ is increased in my opinion. And the stop of light is great, esp on my Kiron 70 - 200m F4 zoom. So is the focal formula for BMPCC 3 by lens by 0.71?

What is 3 by lens? I think the crop factor of the BMPCC is 2.88x. RJ FD's are 0.72x (0.71 = Metabones). So with the RJ FD the cropfactor will become 2.88 x 0.72 = 2x (2,0736).

So my RJ M42toM4/3 adaptor arrived 30mins ago & all seems fine.

Slapped a few lenses on it - a couple of Super Taks (35 + 55) & a couple of Russains (Mir-24M + Helios 44-2).

Well as expected they get a lot wider & faster now on the BM Pocket.

Sharpness wideopen does have some roll off towards the edges, but this could be due to the lenses.

Stopped down a little & they do appear to be tack sharp.

No blue spot so far...

For the price all is good.