Buy the VAF-5D2 filter or a GH2?

garypayton

Hey guys.

I'm a canon 5d Mark II user who's been flirting with the gh2 (kind of a platonic love, since I don't have one). Now I'm thinking to finally buy a gh2 to use it alongside my 5dmarkII. I know most of you guys already have one so i know what the answer will be, but if you were in my place, would you buy the gh2 or would save money upgrading you 5dMarkII with the VAF-5D2 filter?
I'm really confused, I see the 5d gets much better in terms of sharpness with this filter, but still, the gh2 rocks and it still looks sharper.

Any advice? tnx

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
I probably wouldn't bother even though I just got a GH2 myself!  I'm also a Canon user (5D1) and thing which really frustrates me is the inability to [b]easily[/b] use my EF autofocus lenses with the GH2.  So I'm having to buy adapters + additional lenses.  Creates a lot of clutter at home.

Having said that, if you really need to shoot great detailed HD video, then you don't have a choice IMO, and should get one (other options are far to pricey)

I still cannot believe this little camera can kick my 5dII' ass. But I got nervous some time ago when I had to shoot a fashion event. 5d would have been perferct to shoot pictures, but when you need to shoot video and to mantain the highest possible amount of details this camera does not work good. Great cinematographic look, yes, but sometimes you don't need that look.