Z6II 4k 60fps Z LOG error?

jprzybylski

Is anyone else using the EOSHD Z log custom profile with their Z6II running the most recent firmware? All other formats and frame rates for me work fine - but (and you can't see it on YouTube) but I get a strange "flashing" effect where one frame is normal, one frame is white.

Uploaded here you can ONLY see the white.YouTube is eliminating the 'strobing' effect. Again, this is only happening at 4k 60fps using the EOSHD Z LOG profiles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5W3ELaarpU

Note that on 1080p 60fps its fine...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ytwr0QBsXA

Any ideas?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have the same problem. Reported to Nikon and they they asked Blackmagic to look into it as I use Resolve. Neither could tell me what was going on there. All the in camera Nikon picture profiles work fine. 

Yeah its a bit of a pain and so glad I did tests before a job. The footage looks fine when using the playback function on the camera. It's just when you start looking at it on a computer. Tried Davinci, Premiere and even Preview and they all show the flicker. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 4/12/2021 at 11:49 AM, Wren said:

Tried these picture profiles also and same issue

I've been in touch with Nikon. Let's see what they say.

They need to put a technical person in touch with me rather than PR, so I am waiting on them now...