Singer/sankor 16d focus

dr5chrome

Hello all. I picked up a decent singer 16d. I've been testing it the past several days. 

I understand that the 16d and taking lens need to be distance matched. But in practice the 16d and taking lens never jive (numbers). 

I don't care if the edges are soft,  but the center is another matter.  I can't get this scope sharp, no matter what taking lens. 

Seems it is sharp in the viewer,  and the camera says it's in focus,  but the taken image is far from in focus

Is this 16d just not sharp? Is there something wrong with it? ..if so is it fixable? 

Thanks for the help!..  dw

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 hours ago, au8ust said:

Just check both taking lens and anamorphic lens. If they can focus at infinity with good sharpness, then there's nothing wrong with your lenses, probably.

Hello again.  I have 3 scopes that I am testing with, the Singer 16D, an ISCO ultra star-red,  and the very large older ISCO. I did the infinity test. Only the very large older ISCO was razor sharp. The other 2 were not quite where I expected them to be and they both behaved the same. Through the viewer they seemed sharp but the taken image was soft [in the center]. My taken lens is a biotar or a takumar 55. The ultra star red was the worst. The closest infinity focus was far off the mark on the scope where it was sharpest. The 16D was not as bad but was still off.   Anyone have a tune up direction / disassembly for the 16D and ultra star-red? I am mechanical but have not experience with these lenses.

Thanks.  dw