Slider edelkrone or ifootagegear

Aquilasfx

Hello,

I would like to buy a slider for my corporate job. I used in the past a ginball but I’m not a big fan of that tool, and after only a couple of time used, I sold it. It stayed almost all the time at home because it needed too much time to calibrate and most of the time not so usable. And for me that kind of movements are also too floating. For this reason I’m oriented to buy a small portable slider. 
What do you suggest for product and interviews (second camera)?

- motorised one

- or manual one?

I recently saw these too piece of gear:

- edelkrone sliderone V2

- ifootagegear shark nano

they are on the same price range.

What about your point of view, which system is more usable and fast to use?

Thanks

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I had the edelkrone sliderone V1 (and headone V1). Typical Edelkrone build (and high price) but I didnt particularly like it. (Actually the first one I bought juddered but Edlekrone quickly replaced it.) It basically only works through the app and it was near impossible to set it to very long duration slides for timelapses.

A couple of months ago I bought the ifootage nano. It really is so much more intuitive and easy to use - you dont really need to use the app for standard slides - it considerably cheaper too. I wish I had had a chance to use it more but am Covid constrained. Gerald Undone has done a good youtube review of it.

2 hours ago, Robert Collins said:

I had the edelkrone sliderone V1 (and headone V1). Typical Edelkrone build (and high price) but I didnt particularly like it. (Actually the first one I bought juddered but Edlekrone quickly replaced it.) It basically only works through the app and it was near impossible to set it to very long duration slides for timelapses.

A couple of months ago I bought the ifootage nano. It really is so much more intuitive and easy to use - you dont really need to use the app for standard slides - it considerably cheaper too. I wish I had had a chance to use it more but am Covid constrained. Gerald Undone has done a good youtube review of it.

Oh thanks. What about nano in vertical movements? Have you tried it?  How it works?

do you get the standard version or the bundle one with bag and batteries?

25 minutes ago, Aquilasfx said:

Oh thanks. What about nano in vertical movements? Have you tried it?  How it works?

do you get the standard version or the bundle one with bag and batteries?

I havent tried 'vertical' movements but I saw at least 2 youtube videos that showed it didnt live up to its specs here. The spec is a maximum of 2kg for vertical movement (including base plate/mount).

I bought the bundle. Bag is very useful for me, wanted the camera leads for timelapse and obviously the battery is needed if you dont already have one.

On 3/21/2021 at 10:52 AM, Aquilasfx said:

Hello,

I would like to buy a slider for my corporate job. I used in the past a ginball but I’m not a big fan of that tool, and after only a couple of time used, I sold it. It stayed almost all the time at home because it needed too much time to calibrate and most of the time not so usable. And for me that kind of movements are also too floating. For this reason I’m oriented to buy a small portable slider. 
What do you suggest for product and interviews (second camera)?

- motorised one

- or manual one?

I recently saw these too piece of gear:

- edelkrone sliderone V2

- ifootagegear shark nano

they are on the same price range.

What about your point of view, which system is more usable and fast to use?

Thanks

I have the edelkrone SliderONE....its a pos. App won't connect most of the time, no way to control it without the app, fiddly to set up when you finally get the app to connect; it looks high quality, feels high quality in the hand, but I'll never buy another edelkrone product.  I shot one real estate job with it and spend more time trying to get the app to connect and the slider to work than I did on the entire rest of the job.

I now have a Syrp Magic Carpet Pro and couldn't be happier.

On 3/22/2021 at 11:05 AM, zerocool22 said:

I have used the edelkrone, which has some microjitter on it, if you are going to use it for macro shots.

My main reason to get a slider would be to get rid of microjitters. I have been eyeing the Edelkrone devices for a while, so this thread saved me some future headaches.

So far I've been using a Manfroto monopod (MVMXPRO500) for my "slides". The results are quite smooth, especially when I attach a gimbal on top, but there are quite some restrictions to what movements I can do with the setup.