Sigma EVF-11... Looks like a masterpiece of design to me

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The viewfinder gives audio out though. 

I still wonder about recording external through the HDMI... I don't understand how the VF can display an OSD without that info being passed through the UDBc or HDMI... if it goes through either of those, surely it'll also be on the external recordings...

901786199_Screenshot2021-03-25at13_20_34.thumb.png.579a9532d43bbd211a5c935a01d70612.png

• Super Members
23 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

The viewfinder gives audio out though. 

I still wonder about recording external through the HDMI... I don't understand how the VF can display an OSD without that info being passed through the UDBc or HDMI... if it goes through either of those, surely it'll also be on the external recordings...

HDMI 1.4 onwards has a bi-directional data link so the settings can be read by the EVF from that without appearing in the "visible" video signal.

Unless I missed it, they probably could have done with confirming that the EVF is compatible with the original (it is btw) instead of switching to that weird stop animation mode video!

I think they should've called the "Powder Blue" colour mode "Scandi-Noir Mode" or gone the whole hog and called it "Saga Noren Mode".

OK, anybody know when the FP3 announcement is going to be made?

That's the one with the tilt screen, IBIS and 4k 60p 😉

It's a decent upgrade, but still too many compromises for my specific needs.

I reckon I could probably excuse the lack of tilt screen and get used to crawling about on the floor once again and I LOVE the size/format/concept, but it's still too flawed for my specific needs.

Love the tilty plugin viewfinder and with an accessory grip or cage, would be good, but it's not enough.

30 minutes ago, MrSMW said:

OK, anybody know when the FP3 announcement is going to be made?

That's the one with the tilt screen, IBIS and 4k 60p 😉

It's a decent upgrade, but still too many compromises for my specific needs.

I reckon I could probably excuse the lack of tilt screen and get used to crawling about on the floor once again and I LOVE the size/format/concept, but it's still too flawed for my specific needs.

Love the tilty plugin viewfinder and with an accessory grip or cage, would be good, but it's not enough.

Yeah close but no cigar