KomputerBay 128gb + Magic Lantern

WorkMonkey

I just got the 1050x 128gb card from KomputerBay and I have been running some tests - I'm only getting about 50-60mb/s write speed, far below what it says.

I turned off the auto power off, formatted it to exFat and also formatted it in camera, and still the video stops after one second. Is this simply a faulty card I should send back, or did I miss something?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Sounds like a faulty card, the Komputerbay cards are cheap and unreliable. The 5DmkIII should get around 100 MB/s on a 1000x card. Depending on what you are doing you may want to go with a higher quality card and save the hassle of tracking down a good Komputerbay, I have seen posts of people trying 3 or 4 before finding one and several reports of the cards just dying during a shoot, footage along with it.

the 128gb ones are known to be slow, the 64gb versions are recommended 

The 1050x 128gb ones are fine, its the 1000x 128gb ones that are slow. I have a 1050x 128gb and I can record 1080p 25 continuously until the card is full on my 5D MKIII.

Either the card is faulty or you have something set incorrectly. Check you have set prefered card to CF. Its also worth deleting the BENCH.LOG file on the SD card and running the benchmarks again including the buffer test.