m43 lens for general video question

thepinched

So I purchased the em10. I like it. I also got the Oly 25mm, which is super nice. I'm trying to figure out what is optimal to shoot (casual) video. With the 25mm I do have to move closer/further obviously. The Oly 12-40 is out of budget. I could get a zoom kit lens, but I'm not sure how good that will turn out...given how slow it gets zoomed in anyways. Maybe my feet are the best option? Thoughts?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

the Panasonic 14-42mm ASPH II (the new version of panasonics kit lens) is a superb lens , very small , light ,has image stabisation ,

and this new version has 2 aspheric elements making it insanely sharp and a very very good lens .

Dont be put of by the term kit lens ( Canons kit lens is rubbish yes ) but Panasonic dont make rubbish lenses

this kit lens is as sharp as my Canon L series lenses and a fraction of the price.

buy one!!

I am actually looking at that Panny. Especially if i can pick one up cheap (maybe even used). Do you know if there are any in camera corrections panasonic makes that would have issues on an OMD em10?

The 14-140mm gets pretty big to be honest. I think down the road i'd add a Oly 40-150 (if i need the reach).

For normal use with the E-M5 i have the Lumix 14-42mm PowerZoom, is a very versatile lens with a nice range, small when is off so is pocketable, with OIS because also own a GH3, for each zoom i add prime with me, so the 25mm f1.4 is the 14-42mm companion. Same with the Lumix 45-175mm, his companion on the streets is the Olympus 75mm f1.8.

So the panasonic will cause an issue when zooming? I'm hoping to get an inexpensive kit lens and add more primes. But the zoom will be helpful when in other peoples hands. I could just get the oly kit zoom. Haven't heard a whole lot about the ez. Seems like the 14-42 ii panasonic might be a good buy

yes its a very good lens , aspheric elements and very sharp

its tiny and light - I like it alot

Thanks Andy. I am leaning towards getting that to pair with my 25/45mm. Given I can pick up a used 14 for about 150-160$. I looked at the 17mm but it's a little close to my 25mm...Then I'd skip a kit lens...maybe the not the most convenient at times. and would be missing something wider (the 12mm on a 12-32mm). but should work i think. only primes will be new...but should make me think more. 

Hi Andy,

Is this the lens you are recommending: http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-panasonic-micro-4-3rds-14-45mm-lens/p1032517 ? or is it this one? http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-panasonic-14-42mm-f3-5-5-6-asph-o-i-s-micro-four-thirds-lens/p1527264 - the 2nd one seems to not have any manual control so not ideal for filmmaking?

Also I just dropped my 14-140mm f4-5.8 on a shoot recently rendering it pretty useless, I wondered if anyone had any input on using it's successor the 14-140 f3.5-5.6 for professional shooting? http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-panasonic-14-140mm-f3-5-5-6-g-vario-asph-power-ois-micro-four-thirds-lens/p1538073

Thanks! tom