synco g1 opinion

stefanocps

hello

i am looking for a wireless mic to use with my fuji xt3. Don't want to pay lots of money like sennheiser or similar. I have seen the rode wireless go that seems good, and also i have seen the syncoo that is cheaper and even seems better according to some opinions. Would like to have suggestion on what to buy, is synco is really that good or other alternatives

p.s. 

i have a rode videomic and a tascam dr40 which i use for recording...would bve nice to have the wireless microphone to match the sound of these...just in case i need to use all together

Thanks

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I personally bought the Synco G1 A2 and had micro cuts here and there throughout my recordings. I reached out to Synco and it seems some units are defective. I sent them back (30 days buyers return warranty on Amazon) and as their newer top model was upgraded I bought this one and now everything's working fine, no cut, no issue at all. I would not advice people to buy the G1 as I have had issues with them but the upper model is really nice ( https://www.amazon.fr/SYNCO-Emetteurs-Transmission-Compatible-Smartphone/dp/B08NV2V67Y/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=synco+ts&qid=1614009532&sr=8-1 )

35 minutes ago, Trankilstef said:

I personally bought the Synco G1 A2 and had micro cuts here and there throughout my recordings. I reached out to Synco and it seems some units are defective. I sent them back (30 days buyers return warranty on Amazon) and as their newer top model was upgraded I bought this one and now everything's working fine, no cut, no issue at all. I would not advice people to buy the G1 as I have had issues with them but the upper model is really nice ( https://www.amazon.fr/SYNCO-Emetteurs-Transmission-Compatible-Smartphone/dp/B08NV2V67Y/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=synco+ts&qid=1614009532&sr=8-1 )

it is more expensive than rode this model..how it compares?

2 hours ago, stefanocps said:

it is more expensive than rode this model..how it compares?

I've had a Rode Wireless Go that I sold cause I needed 2 emitters for 2 people interview. So i bought the G1 feom Synco and I was not that satisfied regarding the sound quality. As I mentioned there was some micro cuts that ruined the interviews and the audio quality was not that good compared to Rode. 

But on the other hand the newer synco models (Wmic TS) are of really good audio quality from the interviews I shot so far. I'd say on par with the Rode or even better. 

19 hours ago, stefanocps said:

ok, i am convinced that itis not worthy, while the other synco, ts seems better, according to Trankilstef

"No" is my opinion of anything from Synco

16 hours ago, stefanocps said:

or do you have other suggestion?

Sony UWP-D21 / Deity Connect / Sennhieser G4 (in that ranking order) is my  bottom line when it comes to barely acceptable as prosumer standard wireless. 

3 hours ago, IronFilm said:

"No" is my opinion of anything from Synco

Sony UWP-D21 / Deity Connect / Sennhieser G4 (in that ranking order) is my  bottom line when it comes to barely acceptable as prosumer standard wireless. 

ok but those are out of my budget.as i stated on first post was looking for some cheaper and acceptable alternatives, that's why i mention synco!

i have an idea

I have got a tascam dr05, which has one of the 2 external mic broken, actually i completelly take it off the device

I could use teh tascam as recorder connecting to it a cabled lavallier? the tascam is not that big, so the person could haeve it quite easily somewhere...

On 2/27/2021 at 1:02 AM, stefanocps said:

if i use a cabled one and a need to stay away from speaker..how do i record the sound?

By:
1) finding the budget for pro wireless
Or:
2) finding the budget to hire a Sound Mixer
Or:
3) using the lav with a bodypack recorder, along with a virgin sacrificed to the gods under a full moon while praying that this plan all works out without a hiccup 

8 hours ago, IronFilm said:

By:
1) finding the budget for pro wireless
Or:
2) finding the budget to hire a Sound Mixer
Or:
3) using the lav with a bodypack recorder, along with a virgin sacrificed to the gods under a full moon while praying that this plan all works out without a hiccup 

why the 3 is so unreliable?

23 hours ago, stefanocps said:

well...if i could do 1 and 2 i would not be here asking these... 🙂

Sounds like you should do option #3 then, purely by a process of elimination as the only one remaining. 

15 hours ago, stefanocps said:

why the 3 is so unreliable?

Ask yourself this:
Would you ever ever ever film anything without even once looking at your camera's monitor?
So why would you do this to your audio?

On 3/2/2021 at 9:50 AM, IronFilm said:

Sounds like you should do option #3 then, purely by a process of elimination as the only one remaining. 

Ask yourself this:
Would you ever ever ever film anything without even once looking at your camera's monitor?
So why would you do this to your audio?

well i understand what you say, that said sometimes there are situation where a compromise is required. That means, trying to get the best you can with your possibility, and this is what i was aiming when writing this post. I am sure there are compromise solutions in addition to best and horrible ones 🙂