My Anamorphic Test - GF2/Canon EF 50mm/Sankor 16F

jbCinC_12

UPDATE: I decided to post the YouTube vid as a redux without the music cue.

Like timnh's post, I decided to post my attempt on using the Sankor on my Panasonic GF2, using the hack and EOSHD's anamorphic patch on MJPEG.  I like the effects so far.  Focusing has been trial and error, ust getting the hang of it for a first time DSLR video user. 

Question: Is it possible to put a ND filter in the anamorphic or the taking lens?  I shot after sunset.  Thanks for looking.  Q&A is welcomed.

http://youtu.be/WDiF3Kk8yXY

Thanks, Andrew for the wonderful work you did on the patch.

P.S.: I got the video embedding figured out.  Thanks a bunch

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
[quote author=jbCinC_12 link=topic=582.msg3934#msg3934 date=1334351439]

Question: Is it possible to put a ND filter in the anamorphic or the taking lens?  I shot after sunset.  Thanks for looking.  Q&A is welcomed.

[/quote]

Yes you can use a ND filter. The filter goes on the anamorphic lens. I have used a variable ND filter (77mm) on 2 of my anamorphic lenses with the use of step up ring.

[quote]
Yes you can use a ND filter. The filter goes on the anamorphic lens. I have used a variable ND filter (77mm) on 2 of my anamorphic lenses with the use of step up ring.
[/quote]

Thank you for the response.  I'll make a note of that as I need to get one for my canon as the adapters I use for my micro 4/3 doesn't have an aperture ring.

Cool beans.

@jbCinC_12
Got your PM but seems like when I reply it doesnt show up in my sent items, so not sure if you got my replies.

Anyway, yes the panny 20mm f1.7 is spectacular. Great for photos and video. Its the only lens I always take with me whenever I go out. Very fast and sharp.

Autofocus is great for photos. On video autofocus is slow.
Its just so small you can fit it in your pocket and nobody pays attention to you when you film since it looks like a toy.

It won't work with your Sankor 16f. In ex tele mode it might work.
Will see if it does later when I get home.

BTW. I recommend you get a Helios 44 (I have a Helios 44m, there are a few variants) for your Sankor 16f. They are cheap ($20-40), have great image quality, all metal, f2 aperture, and goes well with your Sankor 16f. Has an old film like feel to it especially at fast apertures.

Here's a video of me testing that combination out:

http://vimeo.com/39679993

• 3 weeks later...