Ready to Invest in Some Primes

jonpais

I'm selling my full set of Yashica ML Prime lenses with metal lenses hoods and flight case.

24mm f2.8
28mm f2.8
35mm f2.8
50mm f2.0
50mm f1.7
42-70mm zoom f 3.5-4.5
135mm  f2.8

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231233759495?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

First, thank you for all this information you have given on this board, this has helped me a lot. I bought Canon Fd 24-35 L and FD 35-100 based on your recommendation.
But would you mind me asking, how come you end up selling that nice Yashica set? I thought you loved these. I just got 50mm f2, and it is incredibly sharp with popping colours.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 7 months later...

YASHICA ML prime lenses are superb , Im shooting on them all the time now

Zeiss Distagon equivilants , superb contrast , very sharp and available on ebay

24mm 28mm 35mm 50mm 135mm all superb lenses made in same factory as the Zeiss Distagons in Japan (I cant tell the differance)

get a Contax Yashica (C/Y) to micro 4/3 adaptor off ebay and you are done

also the Carl Zeiss 80mm Biometar is a stunning lens get that aswell and you have a superb set of primes with out breaking the bank

​Hi Andy Lee, Do you know something about the "Yashica Yashinon 50mm F1.4" ? Are this lenses made in the same factory as the Zeiss Distagons? I would like to buy some Contax/Yashica lense, and this one have the mount M42 for Pentax that is very solid. Please tell me if this lense has a nice image quality like the Yashica ML. :)