Ready to Invest in Some Primes

jonpais

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

the 24-35mm is better than the primes - it has aspheric elements and is insanely sharp . so sell the primes and buy this!!

Its a great lens with a very cinematic look

have read of this

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/canon/fdresources/fdlenses/fdzooms/2435.htm

Originally, first introduced back in 1978 as a Canon FD 24-35mm f/3.5 S. S. C. ASPH and upgraded a year later as Canon FD 24-35mm f/3.5L in 1979 with a revised FD lens coupling at its rear. Optically, bith lenses are the same except for the updated version is lighter. This appealing lens, the first wide-angle zoom in the world to offer an aspherical element, covers an angle of view from 84° to 63 °. The aspherical surface of its first element minimizes barrel distortion at short focal lengths and effectively controls curvature of field (an error which affects image quality by fall-off of sharpness towards the edges), coma, astigmatism, and lateral chromatic aberration. The optical performance of this lens virtually exceeds the performance of a fixed focal length lens.

here is a tip for the Canon 24-35mm

if you add a Red Eye 72m wide angle adaptor like this on the front of it with a +3 diopter

it turns it into a 20mm lens with hardly any optical loss...

http://www.digibroadcast.com/lenses-c62/camera-lenses-c78/wide-angle-adapters-converters-c224/red-eye-red-eye-re7204-fx-p4882

these are both one touch push pull zooms for stills

they are very hard to work for video as the zoom front telescopes in and out

avoid!

a good Vivitar Series one lens is the

Vivitar Series 1 24-48mm f3.8

and the 19-35mm which is superb and rectalinear (does not bend at the edges!!)

Thanks Andy.

I looked at some pics and I suspected that as it only has the one ring. This person said they are great for video and I wasn't convinced. Thanks for clearing that up!

What decent FD or CY can zoom internally?

Also, I've picked up a Helios 44M 58mm and Mir 1B 37mm in M42 for literally nothing. There are so many Helios 58mm, just after character and crazy flares. Do you recommend any other M42?

Thanks for the help!

Canon FD 35-105MM f3.5

Canon FD L Series 24-35mm f3.5

Canon FD 28-85MM f3.5

Canon FD 35-70mm f4

all zoom internally

M42 always worth having are:

Carl Zeiss Flektogon 35mm f2.4 is very good (yes I see you have a Mir 37mm)

Carl Zeiss Pancolar 50mm f1.8

Fujinon 55mm f1.8

Sigma 24mm f2.8 in FD mount Superwide II

Haha cool!

I need to go back in and see what they have, bought a Super 8 camera in there and a really old projector just as props.

Picked up 2 Asahi Super Takumars, 28mm and 55mm for the acidic yellow flare aspect.

I do a lot of music videos so I'm very keen on flares, won't be long til I'll be trying out some anamorphic I guess!

Was offered the Canon 24-35L for £230, worth it?

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to grab the Canon 35-105 and Canon 24-35 off someone for £200. Condition immaculate. 

Think I'll complete my FD range with a few primes...make more dosh and get obsessed with the CY range at a later date. :wub:

Getting interested in anamorphic, is it worth grabbing Andrews book? 

Today, I've realised that lens hunting is an addiction :)

@Olly, I think that's not a very nice question to ask. You're on Andrew's forum and asking if his book is worth buying. May be the question should've been, "should I buy it." Just my two cents.

I'm so glad you didn't troll me for that. It's like Trollageddon out there!

My wording wasn't correct. It's been a very tiring week. Of course I want to get Andrews book, its just that Andy always pushes me and makes me spend money. My other half is making complaints  ;)

spend spend spend haha!  the more lenses the better !

Olly,

glad you have a 24-35mm Canon FD L series

its has a very filmic look to it , its a 24, 28 and 35 all in one lens

stick a wide adaptor on the front and it is also an 18-24mm .......a very useful lens

Managed to grab the Canon 35-105 and Canon 24-35 off someone for £200. Condition immaculate. 

Think I'll complete my FD range with a few primes...make more dosh and get obsessed with the CY range at a later date. :wub:

Getting interested in anamorphic, is it worth grabbing Andrews book? 

Does the seller have any more?

Does the seller have any more?

I don't think so, it just fell into my hands. 

The Canon 35-105 is easy to find on eBay, but the 24-35mm L Series is a harder find - there are few up for grabs and most are located in Japan or USA. 

spend spend spend haha!  the more lenses the better !

Olly,

glad you have a 24-35mm Canon FD L series

its has a very filmic look to it , its a 24, 28 and 35 all in one lens

stick a wide adaptor on the front and it is also an 18-24mm .......a very useful lens

I can't afford more lenses for now haha! 

I know there are some stinkers out there for wide adapters, do you recommend any?