Business side of filmmaking

zerocool22

Hello,

All filmmaking forums I visit are directly related to gear or craft but none have anything to do with the business side of filmmaking. Are there good forums out there on this topic, or is it an idea to create a subforum for this here?
- Finding jobs
- Marketing
- Keeping in touch with clients
- Sales/price negotations/best way to approach clients
- Accounting tips
- Tax writeoff tricks
- Dayrates 

Offcourse it will be different per niche and parts of the world, but I think there will be a great overlap overall. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Just start a new thread here! (like this one)

38 minutes ago, zerocool22 said:

or is it an idea to create a subforum for this here?

I personally don't think it is a great idea to make heaps and heaps of subforums, as that ends up diluting down the number of members viewing each forum regularly. But that's up to Andrew.

5 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

I personally don't think it is a great idea to make heaps and heaps of subforums, as that ends up diluting down the number of members viewing each forum regularly. But that's up to Andrew.

5 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Yes that is true, maybe we need to update the first post with every good piece of information, so users do not need to scroll through heaps of comments/pages?

4 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

Yes that is true, maybe we need to update the first post with every good piece of information, so users do not need to scroll through heaps of comments/pages?

The weird thing is that the most / best business information I find is on Facebook, and the whole facebook format is HORRIBLE at finding what you want, IMHO. 

17 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

Sadly you can't exactly edit a post here after you've made it.