Sigma EVF

BTM_Pix

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

Yeah looks like a separate add-on, another "11" model like the MC-11 adapter. I reckon side mounted block, makes it like a rangefinder or X-E4 style body, bit wider, maybe with a passthrough for HDMI and USB C. Something like that would make a lot of sense.

Good old Sigma. Sony would just make is all buy the new $3000 Mark II model the next year instead.

3 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

A 21st century Viewcam 🙂

8dab67c8-937d-4ca8-8fc8-a3517360f785.jpg.bf9eefdfe3d80b1960929fcc1f3f2d10.jpg

Some other day see it used as prop in an Aaron Spelling's TV series to shoot Tori, his daughter... Missed those years and felt how innovative such cam designers were back in those times so pre-HD revolution... And where DJI received inspiration for their Pocker series! LOL :- )

• Super Members
On 2/4/2021 at 1:49 PM, Andrew Reid said:

Yeah looks like a separate add-on, another "11" model like the MC-11 adapter. I reckon side mounted block, makes it like a rangefinder or X-E4 style body, bit wider, maybe with a passthrough for HDMI and USB C. Something like that would make a lot of sense.

Good old Sigma. Sony would just make is all buy the new $3000 Mark II model the next year instead.

Yeah, this is the sort of solution I could imagine for it 

LockPortXT4_Featured-1300x750.thumb.jpg.f315d26e7dea000947cb67c7b86ac052.jpg

So it would lock into the side and bring all of the ports out and possibly convert them too so you can have full size HDMI as above but also mini XLR from the audio jack. There is even a convenient connection point for it for it of course and I'm fairly sure one of those pins carries power so it could be run without an external power source.

DSC_01722_ACR.jpg.6277f52ad4c42dbf24df140395d2a9a4.jpg

The stork would then extend up the side to a tiltable EVF on the top like the Leica Visoflex 020

Leica-Visoflex-_Type-020_-Viewfinder-4_1024x1024.thumb.jpg.986a5020678f89df97c2ef3cbeada80e.jpg

I still very much doubt it will happen though unfortunately.

• Super Members
25 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

One thing to consider though, how much would an EVF coming from that connection affect the internal battery life?

With the Visoflex on the Leica T its swings and roundabouts as it has an eye sensor that automatically cuts the LCD display so it actually saves a lot there but the Visoflex also has an internal GPS so that probably makes it about even.

I still don't think this is what Sigma will be doing with their new viewfinder so its still very much wishful thinking on my part !

• Super Members
21 minutes ago, Marcio Kabke Pinheiro said:

"Lite"? Maybe a box version of the FP?

Yep, that would tie in with the EVF and would be very interesting .

I was also thinking maybe "Lens" as well if they've made a fixed lens version like a Leica Q or their own DP series.

Honestly idk how I would feel if it’s a whole new fp. I literally purchased the Sigma fp a week ago with the pl adapter, SmallRig cage, handle, ninja v, the whole shebang! I also have some pl lenses coming in too! Lol. 

I’m very interested to see what is in store. 

1 hour ago, alanpoiuyt said:

I did the Power Chung flip screen mod last week on my FP. That, with the GSS Viewfinder is a sweet combination. The loupe retracts and the viewfinder becomes a hood.

GSS viewfinder_1.jpg

GSS viewfinder_2.jpg

This is super cool. What is that viewfinder that looks like a waist level finder from a Hasselblad or Bronica? The GSS I thought was a loupe and doesn't look like that. Maybe I'm missing something.

14 minutes ago, pixelpreaching said:

This is super cool. What is that viewfinder that looks like a waist level finder from a Hasselblad or Bronica? The GSS I thought was a loupe and doesn't look like that. Maybe I'm missing something.

It's called the GSS Ocular.

https://mktradingco.com/product/ggs-s1-black-lcd-ocular-a7-ii-a7-iii-a9/