Here comes Kinefinity’s two bran-new digital cinema cameras- KineMAX with 6K and KineMINI with 4K

Freewill

Two digital cinema cameras and upgrade service is released today, key features including:

1. KineMINI: Max 1080p@100FPS / 2K@96FPS / 4K@30FPS with new added SDI for monitoring;

2. KineMAX: Max 6K@30FPS(?) (only 4K@50FPS available now) with alleged dynamic range:16 stops@3K and 14 stops@6K;

3. Product upgrading: 4K and high speed mode upgrading available for previous KineRAW-Mini and KineRAW-S35.

Time of delivery: April 2014  for kineMINI and May 2014 for kineMAX. The price will be available in 2014 NAB.

More offical information: 

http://www.kinefinity.com/ 

http://www.filmaker.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=44409

PDF

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1sjDB7ch

post-34277-0-88854900-1393856230_thumb.jpost-34277-0-52306700-1393856129_thumb.jpost-34277-0-58952200-1393856244_thumb.jpost-34277-0-49159400-1393856256_thumb.jpost-34277-0-33901800-1393856271_thumb.j

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I think people should be aware of this brand more.

The Mini version loos absolutely awesome and the image from the previous cameras is beautiful. Seems much more attractive than any Blackmagic camera, regardless of the higher cost. Different mount options, slo mo 100fps, nice design.

Can these cameras shoot in ProRes or do you need some software/a recorder to transcode the raw after?

I think people should be aware of this brand more.

The Mini version loos absolutely awesome and the image from the previous cameras is beautiful. Seems much more attractive than any Blackmagic camera, regardless of the higher cost. Different mount options, slo mo 100fps, nice design.

Can these cameras shoot in ProRes or do you need some software/a recorder to transcode the raw after?

I've added a offical PDF document released after the product introduction, which with more information (in Chinese) about the new cameras' features.  It's not Prores but cinemaDNG or cineform for RAW.

For the KineMINI, I think the most significant upgrading for the new KineMINI (let alone the KineMAX) and previous KineRAW-MINI and KineRAW-S35 is the option of 100 FPS high speed mode as well as the 4K capacity. As for its way of recording, it's mentioned 2K internal recording for KineMINI (page 22). The workflow is presented in page 30 in detail as well as bitrate (page 31). The KineSation is mentioned and termed as workstation, which I think serves as external recorder proving other functions (in the future) like diversified input / output format as well as debyer algorithm, applying of different LUT, management / playback / labeling / transcoding of footage (page 32) for free (so far for merely recording, page 35). The price for KineMINI is availble as ï¿¥19800(ï¿¥3237) for the body, which is indeed a little higher than BMCC4K in consideration of extra ï¿¥4000 (c.$654) for the optional 4K and another ï¿¥4000 for high speed capacity, but I think s35 2K is sufficient for entry-level applications.

For the KineMAX, it's possible that the CinemaDNG is recorded internally. Note that two SSD are required for 6K cinemaDNG recording (RAW?) and only one is needed for compressed cinemaDNG data (page 48)This is why two SSD sockets are necessary (on the right side of a very compact body), which implying disk array to achieve high bitrate recording. It's really somthing for a young campany. The only riddle is its price.

Hi Freewill, 

Do you work for Kinefinity on any level?  ;)

As a full time shooter, I mostly work on cameras such as the FS700, the GH3, Blackmagic Pocket, GoPro for example. I find that my work is becoming much more cinematic and I have much interest in the Kinefinity cameras as I believe they could be an awesome tool for my type of work. (lots of music videos, fun business videos, narrative.) I love grading, and I can only go so far with the above cameras (The FS700 handles highlights very poorly.)

I'm curious to see how the Kinestation works, as a lot of work I do wont necessarily need to be edited in RAW.  Some will, but i like the idea of transcoding to ProRes 422 HQ, LT or .H265 when saving the footage. Is this just a software package that installs on your Mac/PC?

For recording 4k on the MINI version, do you need an external add-on? 

I think the images I've seen coming out the cameras are beautiful, do you know of the best examples? 

All the questions I asked above I now know the answer to from doing a bit of research. 

It does everything internally.

At 2k, you can capture in Cineform RAW and when you transfer the files onto your Mac/PC, it can transcode the files to an intermediate codec such as ProRes at the same time it saves the footage. 

You can shoot at 96fps in Cineform RAW. (100fps in 1080p)

The KineStation is software, which is included with the camera. 

I've read somewhere they were working on a fix for IS on EF lenses, and also the playback lagging issue which is running at 25fps. 

I'm very surprised that there isn't many people talking about this camera.... I find it far more exciting than the Blackmagic cameras! (unless they have another NAB surprise!)

Hi Freewill, 

Do you work for Kinefinity on any level?  ;)

As a full time shooter, I mostly work on cameras such as the FS700, the GH3, Blackmagic Pocket, GoPro for example. I find that my work is becoming much more cinematic and I have much interest in the Kinefinity cameras as I believe they could be an awesome tool for my type of work. (lots of music videos, fun business videos, narrative.) I love grading, and I can only go so far with the above cameras (The FS700 handles highlights very poorly.)

I'm curious to see how the Kinestation works, as a lot of work I do wont necessarily need to be edited in RAW.  Some will, but i like the idea of transcoding to ProRes 422 HQ, LT or .H265 when saving the footage. Is this just a software package that installs on your Mac/PC?

For recording 4k on the MINI version, do you need an external add-on? 

I think the images I've seen coming out the cameras are beautiful, do you know of the best examples? 

I‘m not part of them, although I hope so. I've been among the first persons in the product launch on March 3, 2014 and followed closely on what they do. That's why there are so many uncertainty about the new cameras. Maybe you can just contact with them if you want to kown more and they seem to be very easy-going people.