Fujfilm Product Announcements - 27/01/21

BTM_Pix

19 hours ago, MrSMW said:

If I was going back to Fuji...and at this point in time, I am not, there are a couple of options I’d consider but primarily:

XT3 on sticks for video with a pair of XE4’s for stills.

But more likely, a pair of XT4’s hybrid use.

Can’t see a scenario for the XS10.

Really only interested in seeing what an XH2 might be and that other mythical beast, the Panasonic GH6.

If anything will sway me in any direction for a few years, it will probably be one of those two.

But as both are currently unicorns...

I would go X-S10 for stills any day against the X-E4 - IBIS, amazing grip, two dials, more controls. Against the X-T4, not so much.

And remember that the X-S10 have 4 custom positions on the mode dial, which you can program for fast switching with different shooting scenarios - which I guess is a very common situation in events and weddings.

But for sure you know much more than me about the needs of your craft (not being ironic here). Just I think that the X-S10 is a much better camera than the X-E4, besides styling (and in person the X-S10 looks better than in photos), for a little bit more. I was very, VERY surprised with this camera, much better than I expected.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I am waiting to see what the X-H2 brings.

I do like the idea of the X-S10 as a second body/bring everywhere camera, that can be rigged up for professional shoots. And the X-H2 as the work horse.

There are just a couple of things that worry me about fuji.

-they just updated the 27 2.8 and the 10-24 but didn't improve the quality whatsoever. The 27 mk2 is still loud and clunky when focusing, so they didn't even improve the focus motors.

That makes me think when they update the 23, 35 and 85, they will just weather seal them, same optical quality (might be a good thing for some) and still be loud and sluggish when in use.

-IBIS and auto focus needs to be rock solid. It is all over the place, every lens acts completely different. It really does make it hard to jump between lenses without having to adjust settings.

We shall see what happens. 

7 hours ago, Carz said:

I am waiting to see what the X-H2 brings.

I do like the idea of the X-S10 as a second body/bring everywhere camera, that can be rigged up for professional shoots. And the X-H2 as the work horse.

There are just a couple of things that worry me about fuji.

-they just updated the 27 2.8 and the 10-24 but didn't improve the quality whatsoever. The 27 mk2 is still loud and clunky when focusing, so they didn't even improve the focus motors.

That makes me think when they update the 23, 35 and 85, they will just weather seal them, same optical quality (might be a good thing for some) and still be loud and sluggish when in use.

-IBIS and auto focus needs to be rock solid. It is all over the place, every lens acts completely different. It really does make it hard to jump between lenses without having to adjust settings.

We shall see what happens. 

Yeah Fuji is definitely behind with auto focus. It seems like only Canon and Sony can have stellar auto focus. Everyone else is behind. I guess Nikon isn't far behind though. Would really be nice if they could catch up but it feels like they'll be stuck in the panasonic rut. 

Do you mean a firmware update for the 27mm 2.8 and 10-24mm ? I don't think the firmware can take care mechanics that weren't designed for the new AF system. 

No not firmware. The newly released mk2 versions of these lenses. The 27mm is still loud to focus. The 10-24 has weather sealing now, same optics. 

It doesn't give me confidence the rest of the lenses (if updated to new versions) will be any better for video.

22 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

I am even thinking of dropping my X-T4 and going for X-S10. Find the ergonomics are overcooked on the X-T4 and fiddly.

X-S10 is more in the X-H1 mould.

How's the build quality Marcio?

I'm new to Fuji, had an X100S and recently a X-T20 to get the grips of the system, never had a X-Tx, hard to compare. But my impressions are excellent - have some "mass", no flexes at all, top and bottom plate VERY sturdy. Dials are plastic, but with good quality and much better feeling than the X-T20 (and X-T30) ones.

I was using the GX9 and the E-M10 MK III, for me the build quality is much better than GX9 and a little bit better than the E_M10 MK III (albeit the Oly's dials are the best ones).

EVF is clearly worse than the X-T4 - same panel as the E-M10 MK III. 

But is a small camera (looks like a P&S with a grip - for me is a plus, people around are not intimidated); I think that it is better that you try one in a store before purchasing.