Sony Product Announcement - 26/01/21

BTM_Pix

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Just now, BTM_Pix said:

The devil will be in the recovery times no doubt.

Probably. At least looks like that they've put a proper heat spreader inside - since the body is made of magnesium, they probably will have better recovery times compared to the Canon.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/interchangeable-lens-cameras/ilce-1

Basically they made a competitor to the single-digit Canons and Nikons, but with 50mp. I guess that it is the dream from your sport shooting years, @BTM_Pix 🙂

• Super Members
1 minute ago, Marcio Kabke Pinheiro said:

Basically they made a competitor to the single-digit Canons and Nikons, but with 50mp. I guess that it is the dream from your sport shooting years, @BTM_Pix 🙂

At £6500.00 its the same price as what it would be to get into a D6 or an EOS-1DxIII so if I was still in that business (not that there is much left it anymore after COVID) then it would certainly be an alternative but whilst they make a lot of the electronic shutter, the mechanical one is still only 10fps so lags behind the other two.

They seem to have made strides in controlling the side effects with the electronic shutter though so that might not be the issue it once was with the A9.

Its unfortunate for Sony that they look to have finally got it all together with a pro sports camera system (now they also have the lenses and networking workflow for liver editorial) to take the other two on properly just at the point at which the target industry is on its knees, save for the big agencies.

2 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

whilst they make a lot of the electronic shutter, the mechanical one is still only 10fps so lags behind the other two

Maybe a step for Sony to be the first to eliminate the mechanical shutter in their cameras. I can see them taking it out of their next A7S camera and replacing it with their eND + IBIS technology.