WTF did I buy, Iscomorphot MC 16mm 2x, Lured into my first anamorphot purchase, Please help! :)

PannySVHS

Dear friends,

Andrews expertise, Titos enzyclopedia and Seb Farges wealth of information, all three are gulity of putting me into the situation, many others have faced. Being lured into the pleasures and madness of anamorphic adapters.

So, @Andrew Reid, @Tito Ferradans, @Seb Farges and all you other kewl cats, I appreciate your take on this. I was fascinated by the elegance of a Baby Hypergonar from Sebs video and I figured, the best mix for me would be small size, an admireable image with plenty oddities though of course with hopefully acceptable shortcomings in image quality. Then some time ago I read about the Icsomorphot 8 1.5 on Eoshd. For months I tried to find one for a small amount of money:) but it never got any less than 350EU. Then, I came across some information about an Iscomorphot 16 2x with nice attributes regarding size and image. Point is, I bought an Iscomorphot 16mm 2x which is different than the 16 without the "mm", which stands for Millimeter, the European metric.

Did I buy some useless piece of optics? What is your take on it? Oh, and it has some fungus it seems.. Here are the pictures from the seller I bought it from.

isco 16mm.JPG

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

EUR 211 is a good price despite some fungus it won't affect the IQ.

It's a sharp lens, not so wide but so sharp. If you were looking for the Iscomorphot 8/1.5x as well, this one is a lot sharper but without builtin single focus.

It won't give any flares natively but a UV filter should help you add some flares.

Happy shooting!

Sharp and Anamorphic usually don't go well together 🙂

If you're looking for a sharp, single focus, compact anamorphic lens, you may try the Aivascope 1.5x.

For 16 and 16mm, I'm not sure if I have ever seen an Iscomorphot 16 2x before. All I've seen are labelled as Iscormorphot MC 16mm 2X just like the one you bought.

This is a very good and scharp scope with perfect ovals across the frame.
Would benefit from a single focus solution like Rapido FVD16A.
You need a front thread adapter then, like this: https://rafcamera.com/adapter-72mm-to-m75x0-75m

For support, have a look at the great 3d print designs from Lucas Pfaff.

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/tool/grabhole-qr-adapter-sal

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/tool/70mm-clamp-with-beam-support-for-anamorphic-projection-lenses

On 1/27/2021 at 8:01 PM, PannySVHS said:

@au8ust Thank you. Very kewl, four versions! What does it state though in the post/article? I cannot see the page, as I am not a member of the group yet. I applied for membership  but they have not answered yet. best regards

Quick comparison on Iscomorphot 16 variations for anyone interested. Best known and most common are the SC version with smaller rear element and amber coating and the MC version with bigger rear element and blueish/purple coating. But there are all kinds of variations 😉
1.) Iscomorphot 16 SC with more cone-like housing and rear thread exactly like Möller 32/2x, 34mm rear element diameter. This one has a front ring designed by Lucas Pfaff and produced by RAF that fits directly into HCDNA
2.) Iscomorphot 16 SC, common housing, purple coating, 34mm rear
See our lens test on this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME1p_z1TX40
3.) Iscomorphot 16 SC, common housing but large rear diameter, 42mm with purple coatings
4.) Well known Iscomorphot 16 MC, with large rear diameter (42mm) and blueish purple coatings. Primary flares are non-existent on this one but secondaries are still a lovely blue See Less

On 2/2/2021 at 8:09 PM, PannySVHS said:

Thanks a lot guys!

@au8ust Thank you, awesome information!! I joined the anamorphic group now. Thank you so much!  @Timotheus Thank you very much! Do you know if Lucas Pfaffs 3D print designs also work for Isco No.4, the Iscomorphot 16 MC?

Yes the design works for the three models on the right (whose body design is identical).