Mysterious Bolex-style camera appears from Japanese camera manufacturer - Bellami HD-1

Andrew Reid

• Administrators
bellami-hd-1-digital-bolex

Seb Farges (see his work on Vimeo) pointed out this rather interesting looking "Bellami HD-1" on his Facebook page earlier. OK this camera may turn out to be rubbish or it may be great fun!! Who knows - nothing is released beyond the picture. The real Digital Bolex is something I'd love to get my hands on sooner or later, since I've used the same CCD sensor before in the Ikonoskop and found colour to be completely beautiful and unique, totally different to a CMOS sensor.

Read the full article here

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

More info/pics here: http://www.superheadz.com/bellami/bellami.php

Anyone who can translate it?

/edit: used image to ocr and 'translated' it...

8mm camera Miako-me rare Bokuro.

The months `to, the Shotaima

丿 Rekamera evening Fu The - HD interchangeable lens type digital,
Be over over ami H D Ichi

Chinonka Hung `b 2 year §, 丶 ask three furnace Riko yaw this
Ako is fun months treasures assumed to use one 丿 Redorenzu Oh
Purodaku~tsu of heresy!

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

I would think twice before shooting with this or any device resembling a gun, especially on the streets of Philadelphia.

My same thought when I first saw the D bolex. If I were spotted shooting with one + a long lens on the streets here in Egypt, I would be arrested for terrorism, and no this is not a joke!

This might be cool. Same guys who brought the Digital Harinezumi which is quite popular

found this on it. 85,000 yen is $830.37

http://rlfc.cocolog-nifty.com/rlfc/2014/02/chinon-31f1.html

That good old CHINON seems to revive a fan of yesteryear. It is reported that CHINON's brand, which was acquired by the U.S. from Kodak downturn past, Chino TadashiKiyoshi who is the son-in-law of founding clan repurchase of the trademark, and the resumption of the project. Product is on sale in mid-March this year, name, can be taken and still images Bellami HD-1 HD video. You have AF is not installed, but adopted the D 8 Mounting the double standard, also, M42 mount lens C, CS can support adapter (?) Is also a release. Prices are 85,000 yen without tax. 
I think, would have received the OEM supply with respect to the main part from a company somewhere, but the design comes much to our generation, and D mount adoption of small, which is the content that is tickled easily than C-mount. Detailed product information's yet, but you want to decided to wait so excited.

Looks interesting! I will say as someone who's first camera was a 35mm Chinon SLR, it wasn't a "cheap" or low-end brand. I found it as least as nice, if not better than many of the Minolta and Pentax bodies of the day. Most manufactures of that time maxed out at 1/1,000th of a second and I upgraded to 1/2000th! Still have that camera and after 30 years it works.

The stock PK 50mm f1.9 that came with it serves as a lovely portrait lens on micro 4/3 body today. The only maintanence done on it was to have some sticky aperature blades cleaned up. Sharp wide open and the contrast is better in bright light when stopped down half a stop.

Cool times we're living in!

As for the weapon aesthetic:  that's the most non-looking gun device that kinda looks like a gun I've seen.  I doubt the kids that might use this in Shimokitazawa, Görlitzer Park, Shoreditch, or Silver Lake have the capability of looking threatening --even when carrying a device with a trigger on it.  Somehow wearing a blanket as a scarf, tight jeans, and big rimmed glasses takes the edge off.

Keep in mind too, this is a Japanese product.  Not too many people walking around with guns in that country.

Anyway, I can see how this would work as a niche in Japan.  They embrace retro.