Updated Nikon D4S looks set to disappoint pros for hybrid video

Andrew Reid

I think you meant D3S, which has a 720p mode. D3 doesn't even shoot video.

Yes, of course.

That would explain why I wasn't very impressed with it  ;)

I must have meant the D3S.

Which would mean the other one would have been the D800 then which, in all honesty, is a bit of a misfit for me as a stills camera as well.

If they did make a video camera then following the revisiting their past path they've taken with the Df, they'd probably do a storm if they made it look like this 

s100_8930.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

People have been making wonderful films with S16mm for years (smaller than MFT), 2/3" (Smaller than MFT) and not too many people are complaining about the capabilities of BlackMagics cameras (smaller than MFT). If you can only make good looking images with a stills FF sized sensor, you're doing something wrong.

There are some complaints about low light performance.  Even BlackMagic says the BMPC is not for low light shooting, and that sensor is bigger than MFT.  That's not to take away from their top notch well lit images.

I think we are all on here to see about moving on from "good" looking images to  "great" looking images.  Full frame has its advantages in low light, especially with a fast f1.4 lens.

There are some complaints about low light performance. Even BlackMagic says the BMPC is not for low light shooting, and that sensor is bigger than MFT. That's not to take away from their top notch well lit images.

I think we are all on here to see about moving on from "good" looking images to "great" looking images. Full frame has its advantages in low light, especially with a fast f1.4 lens.

The BMPC is a fair amount smaller than full frame.  The BMPC sensor has one third the area of full frame.

This video looks good to me.  It doesn't sound like full frame is for you, but many people like it.  On the other extreme, some people are best off with a camcorder.  Different cameras for different people, otherwise, we would all be buying the same one.  Sounds like you got just the right camera for you.

Michael