Great short film

skiphunt

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Here's the thing about that short film.  I could imagine this particular crew shooting it on a 5dIII and achieving the pretty close to the same end  results.  This particular film doesn't live or die by the imaging tech.  Perhaps it's boosted by it, but it's film making that transcends the camera technology.  You're watching people that know how to use their tools, so any tools they have would get utilized appropriately to tell their story.

A great film.

You're watching people that know how to use their tools, so any tools they have would get utilized appropriately to tell their story.

Agreed. The technology is there, and it's accessible. We have already have a slew of affordable ninety-percent imaging solutions out there but so many of us are focusing all of our attention on each new 0.25% improvement rather than putting in the time and effort to master the craft, assemble the crew, recruit the talent, and bridge the gap that imaging technology never will.

Mostly, these kinds of people also have more professional tools.

Of course they do.  The point I'm making is that the camera is not doing the heavy lifting to make this film what it is.  The imaging tools are now within reach of all of us for not much cash.  Handling all the other stuff?  Especially the artistic capabilities?  Well...

That's why I'm here typing about stuff rather than doing it, I suppose.