Bought myself an ANKER External battery

Colbrin

All i can say is

RELIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having this has taken soooo much stress out of using this camera.  The stock usage of power is 'as we all know' Aweful.

With this little bad boy i get just over 8 hours of usage and that with the camera literally ON all day.

If its not recording, its just on waiting for me to hit recored.

Initially i thought carrying it around was going to be a paid, but a quick trip to the local sports shop and electrical shop solved the issue.

I know carry the battery in a tiny 'man bag' over my shoulder.  Made up a power extension cable that allows me to also use the camera handheld, on a tripod or on the Jib while power is tethered to me, But but can be disconnected in less than a second allowing the camera to carry on running with the stock battery which remains at 100% as its constantly being topped up by the Anker.

A MUST HAVE!!!!!!!

If anyone is interested, i can post up some pics 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

"Sorry, there was problem loading this video"

The Pocket runs > 3 hours at room temperature (colder = longer, warmer = shorter) with 8 AA cells with 2700mAh.

b10.jpg

(image from slasCAM user "ruessel" from this original thread)

... not recording though.

After ~80 minutes the sensor has a temperatur of 42°C, and hot/dead pixels begin to appear on the display (they are gone again when the camera cooled down). I'd say it's best to limit continuous operation to 20 minutes.

BTW: Yes, interested in pictures, and an Amazon link!

I have one of these, albeit for playing ingress all day on my phone.. Sweet....

I believe this is the one: http://www.amazon.com/15000mAh-Portable-Ultra-High-Capacity-External/dp/B00D5T3QK4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1393350981&sr=8-2&keywords=anker+battery

(I got mine as a gift)

$50, 15000mAh.  It even has an LED flashlight for digging around in your bags at night!   :D

Recharges via micro-usb, but I've found you have to use the cable they use as standard microusb cables are a little too loose and will fall out.  Hrm, two of these charged up will more than do a day's worth, and keeping a couple charged batteries would give you options for running without it...

All i can say is

RELIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having this has taken soooo much stress out of using this camera.  The stock usage of power is 'as we all know' Aweful.

With this little bad boy i get just over 8 hours of usage and that with the camera literally ON all day.

If its not recording, its just on waiting for me to hit recored.

Initially i thought carrying it around was going to be a paid, but a quick trip to the local sports shop and electrical shop solved the issue.

I know carry the battery in a tiny 'man bag' over my shoulder.  Made up a power extension cable that allows me to also use the camera handheld, on a tripod or on the Jib while power is tethered to me, But but can be disconnected in less than a second allowing the camera to carry on running with the stock battery which remains at 100% as its constantly being topped up by the Anker.

A MUST HAVE!!!!!!!

If anyone is interested, i can post up some pics

What model is it as Anker do quite a few.

I have one of these, albeit for playing ingress all day on my phone.. Sweet....

I believe this is the one: http://www.amazon.com/15000mAh-Portable-Ultra-High-Capacity-External/dp/B00D5T3QK4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1393350981&sr=8-2&keywords=anker+battery

(I got mine as a gift)

$50, 15000mAh.  It even has an LED flashlight for digging around in your bags at night!   :D

Recharges via micro-usb, but I've found you have to use the cable they use as standard microusb cables are a little too loose and will fall out.  Hrm, two of these charged up will more than do a day's worth, and keeping a couple charged batteries would give you options for running without it...

Hi Shane,

I have a similar one. How do you connect the USB cable to BMPCC's 0.7mm connector?

Hi Shane,

I have a similar one. How do you connect the USB cable to BMPCC's 0.7mm connector?

Don't have one, didn't realize that would be problematic.  I have the battery for my phone usage; it'd be nice if I could get a secondary use out of it.  But I did run across this:

http://cheesycam.com/blackmagic-pocket-cinema-camera-diy-12v-external-battery-pack/