Nanlite FS300 watt LED (bowens mount) 349$

Cameramoto

10 hours ago, Tijmen Brouwers said:

@scotchtape I would love to know how you made your own connector. Can't find the connector you recommendomend anywhere in Europe. How do you go from the JST connection with only two connection points (red and black) to the one with 3 points? (red, black and yellow). Do you need to combine two of them together on the end with the two connections? Or do you only use the black and red one and leave the yellow one unused? Can't really see how you did that in the video. 

Think I could make one like yours with these two components. Only need to know how to connect them properly.
https://www.allekabels.nl/interne-voedingskabel/7032/1343759/ventilator-verlengkabel.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw_L6LBhBbEiwA4c46ui8RxYZ0tnrZS-Jzqq7sJcey7Qdowgf5KzHCS6Anlm4C_V3Y0TXtIRoCuCkQAvD_BwE

https://www.hobbyelectronica.nl/product/jst-2-5-connector-150mm-2p/

Yep that is exactly how I did it.  You only need the red/black - the yellow is for RPM signal and you don't need it. I'm not sure if the JST is the exact right one as there are different sizes but there's a good chance it is.

Those cables are basically how I did it (except I have the JST connectors so I just crimped that onto the 3pin fan cable).  If you get those cables you would just connect the black and red wires (obviously black to black and red to red) and you are good to go.

These lights are great, just wish the color temperature was a bit higher. I am going to sell my 300D II 😄

I also just got an Aputure 200X for my main light because gelling is so annoying, but these will be here for max power! Got 4x to battle the sun!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

@scotchtape dude you are a hero! Thanks so much for the video and this extra explanation. One last question if you don't mind. In one off your comments you said that running the fan at 900 rpm would probably be a nice sweet spot between increased temp and noise. I'm considering buying this fan: https://noctua.at/en/nf-p12-redux-900
Would that give enough cooling power you think? 

Rotational speed (+/- 10%) 900 RPM

Airflow 63,4 m³/h

Acoustical noise 12,6 dB(A)

Static pressure 1,21 mm H₂O

Thanks again!

I suggest getting the same fan I used, it's easier to slow a fan down than speed it up (in this context).

It's not that much louder, especially for location work it's a non issue unless you're in a quiet house (and even then it's very acceptable).

If you want to slow it down just get a bunch of fan slow down cables or one with a pot.