Voigtlander 40mm f2 SL-II as a taking lens.

tehellet

Hello! I've recently been interested in buying the Voigtlander 40mm SL-II Nikon Mount as a taking lens but I've failed to find any examples of it paired with an anamorphic. It seems like the perfect taking lens for a s35mm-ish camera + anamorphic.

My two intended setups are:

7D - 40mm - Kowa Bell&Howell

BMCC m43 - Speedbooster Nikon - 40mm - Kowa Bell&Howell

I've tested the BMCC with the speedbooster and Kowa with a MC-MIR 35mm f2 and it vignettes a little bit. If I crop to 2.39:1 the corners are still a little bit vignetted when there's a hard light in front. Now, the MC-MIR is not a pancake at all. Do you think the Voigtlander will not vignette being a pancake and slightly longer than the 35mm?

Does anyone here know of any tests? Or even better, if any of you have it and an anamorphic, would you mind doing a little test?

Thanks in advance!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I've been looking at this lens too.  Either this or the Canon 40mm STM pancake.  But I'm looking at the SLR Magic Anamorphot because it vignettes at 35mm, but is good at 40mm.  I'm going to try and get a cheap Canon and see how it looks.  But the Voigtlander would be better because it's F2, and I can stop it down to F2.8 and get a little sharper image but still get some smooth bokeh.  Let me know if you get a chance to try the lens.

• 3 years later...