New Sigma L And E Mount Lens Announcements - 1st December 2020

BTM_Pix

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I absolutely love this line. The Panasonic S1-series (and Fuji) are my favorite designed and best-looking cameras there are. And this line from Sigma is exactly what I would want in a prime lineup - all-metal, awesome focus ring, aperture ring on lens, small and lightweight, and f2 for the most important lenses. So beautiful. Still deciding between L-Mount and RF Mount, but the quality of this lineup is a big point to L-Mount. I love the zero sacrifice of quality and materials for the sub $800, smaller prime lineup. 

I really like these also, - big fan of Sigma, but...

My 'but' is for Sony, fair enough, but as a Panasonic user, we are getting identical sized body, mount and aperture; 24mm, 35mm, 50mm and 85mm.

Meanwhile, every Sigma is a different size and 3 different apertures.

I think if I was on Sony E Mount, I'd be seriously considering the F2's and it would be better still if they added a 90mm f2 into this range.

There is already a recent release 105mm f2.8 so no need to go there, - that seems like an excellent lens, but there's a hole otherwise between 60-105mm with this range.

Visually they look great and from a tactile perspective, by all accounts equally superb.

I reckon they's be superb most of all on a Sigma FP2... 

I don't know if I would PERSONALLY bother with these lenses if I shot on Sony... at least at those prices.

I wish Sigma all the best, and I am sure that SOME people will find that these lenses hit the spot for them, but...

For Sony E-Mount, there's already the Sigma 24-70 f/2.8 at around $1,200 and the Tamron 28-75 f/2.8  at around $800. Sure, they are f/2.8 instead of f/2, but Sigma lenses have a tradition of having lower T Stops than their f stop value, so you might not get much of an advantage in terms of light captured.

Plus there are a plethora of other lenses (of varying quality) by the Chinese / Korean manufacturers to compete with at significantly lower prices / faster apertures.

And then there are all the Sony native lenses.

And THEN there is the MC-11 (which actually works quite well on Sony Gen III and above cameras) and all that EF glass.

And THEN there is the new Sony LA-EA 5 adapter at at $250 and all that A Mount glass out there.

And then, after all that, there are all the Minolta MD's, Canon FD's, Super Takamur's, Helios, Jena's, etc...