Sony A6000 gets zebra, 16:9 screen and clean HDMI output

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 2 months later...

I just have a non beta version arrived. After a bit fiddling I would like to comment on a few little things I miss and couldn't find in the reviews:

- I hate the app system for WIFI remote control. why not just selecting wifi on in the menu and the smartphone can start to control

- The wifi control app has only ultra basic control. No manual exposure or video control. Hope this can be fixed soon over software updates. I was hoping to especially use this a lot for video purposes :-/

- It makes quite a shutter noise when picture taking

- When I switch the camera from pal to ntsc mode the camera always starts up with a warning that it is set in ntsc. Huge delay :-/ - the little lanyard hooks actually rattle a bit, metal on metal is not that discreet. I will try to make a solution to this myself I think...

- the charging over usb is only at 0.5A according to the charging block. Really slow. Compare this to the 2.4A of a modern smartphone recharging over micro USB... Still have to test if it would go faster with smartphone cable/block.

- peaking goes only for vertical lines in focus, almost not for horizontal ones...

What do you chaps think of this?

I just have a non beta version arrived. After a bit fiddling I would like to comment on a few little things I miss and couldn't find in the reviews:

- I hate the app system for WIFI remote control. why not just selecting wifi on in the menu and the smartphone can start to control

- The wifi control app has only ultra basic control. No manual exposure or video control. Hope this can be fixed soon over software updates. I was hoping to especially use this a lot for video purposes :-/

- It makes quite a shutter noise when picture taking

- When I switch the camera from pal to ntsc mode the camera always starts up with a warning that it is set in ntsc. Huge delay :-/ - the little lanyard hooks actually rattle a bit, metal on metal is not that discreet. I will try to make a solution to this myself I think...

- the charging over usb is only at 0.5A according to the charging block. Really slow. Compare this to the 2.4A of a modern smartphone recharging over micro USB... Still have to test if it would go faster with smartphone cable/block.

- peaking goes only for vertical lines in focus, almost not for horizontal ones...

What do you chaps think of this?

There is already a bigger thread with more personal experiences :) '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

I will say I knew there was something wrong with the peaking, but wasn't sure what it was. You probably nailed it. I also found the peaking to become less intense whilst shooting video.