Angenieux 35-70mm f2.5-3.3 Nikon mount + speedbooster + GH4

sudopera

Some other day I found this lens on ebay and did a little research. There are some photos out there that impressed me but I found only one video. To me the "look" seems great on stills.

Does anyone here have some experience with this lens and would like to see some opinions about the combo mentioned in the title.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english

post-34138-0-08575300-1391918521_thumb.j

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

it is a very good and very sharp lens , superb on video ,it is quite collectable and therefore can get expensive

also try the Carl Zeiss 28-70mm in C/Y mount - its cheaper and just as good - I use mine alot micro levels of detail on this lens - aspheric elements

also the Nikon 28-70mm f2.8 is the Bourne lens as used on Bourne Ultimatum for all the crazy sudden crash zooms on Matt Damon

very sharp usually goes for about £600 on ebay

it is a very good and very sharp lens , superb on video ,it is quite collectable and therefore can get expensive

also try the Carl Zeiss 28-70mm in C/Y mount - its cheaper and just as good - I use mine alot micro levels of detail on this lens - aspheric elements

also the Nikon 28-70mm f2.8 is the Bourne lens as used on Bourne Ultimatum for all the crazy sudden crash zooms on Matt Damon

very sharp usually goes for about £600 on ebay

Thanks for the reply Andy

I'm planning to buy GH4 sometime this year and would like to pair it with sigma art 18-35 nikon mount + speedbooster. So with Angenieux, would be covered from 18-70mm and don't have to buy C/Y speedbooster also. Sometime later I would get some primes, probably sigma art series. One more question, does Angenieux 28-70 f2.6 have the same look as 35-70 and i suppose it's even better (and more expensive :) ).

the Angenieux 28-70 f2.6 is a legendary lens with great look and is very very collectable $$$$$$ ££££££

Tokina did make a version of this lens using the Angenieux plans and design - it is alos very rare and collectable

Tokina AT-X PRO AF 28-70mm 1:2.6-2.8 Ø 77 JAPAN (Pro I with screw on hood) This is the original Pro version which is also the most sought after version by those new D700 owners in the know since its the version that's based on the Angenieux optical formula. Recognized easily by the ugly and short screw-on hood. Multi-coating was applied to a large number of lens surfaces to help improve contrast while at the same time reducing reflections and ghosting. There is also some suggestion that this version had one HLD (High Refraction Low Dispersion) glass element, though this is not certain.

lwl2005912-img600x450-1184134232____007_
lwl2005912-img600x450-1184134229____005_

pro_Ia.jpg

28-70 for me is better range

if you want a killer stunning lens the Carl Zeiss 24-85mm in N mount is absolutely stunning razor sharp with micro levels of detail

Thanks again, that is all i need to know

the Angenieux 28-70 f2.6 is a legendary lens with great look and is very very collectable $$$$$$ ££££££

Tokina did make a version of this lens using the Angenieux plans and design - it is alos very rare and collectable

Tokina AT-X PRO AF 28-70mm 1:2.6-2.8 Ø 77 JAPAN (Pro I with screw on hood) This is the original Pro version which is also the most sought after version by those new D700 owners in the know since its the version that's based on the Angenieux optical formula. Recognized easily by the ugly and short screw-on hood. Multi-coating was applied to a large number of lens surfaces to help improve contrast while at the same time reducing reflections and ghosting. There is also some suggestion that this version had one HLD (High Refraction Low Dispersion) glass element, though this is not certain.

28-70 for me is better range

if you want a killer stunning lens the Carl Zeiss 24-85mm in N mount is absolutely stunning razor sharp with micro levels of detail

• 8 months later...

Just bought one of these (Angenieux 35-70mm f2.5-3.3) in Leica R mount. Impressed so far. Will put it through its paces vs the modern stuff.

Nice to hear that Andrew, looking forward to a future review. I don't know how much it would cost but maybe it's possible to convert it to a cinema lens, if I remember right that lens is parfocal.

Edit: Just watch where you use it, I have read that very dusty and very humid environments are a no go because the housing is very sensitive.

If someone is interested in old glass I found this web shop in Austria with vintage department

http://www.leicashop.com/vintage_en/

Just bought one of these (Angenieux 35-70mm f2.5-3.3) in Leica R mount. Impressed so far. Will put it through its paces vs the modern stuff.

glad you've got one they are very good ,

these 1990's made Angenieux lenses are superb on modern digital cameras , they have a look to the glass that takes off the harsh aspheric crushed blacks look you get with modern glass , they are slightly softer and the blacks are a bit more grey so they hold the shadow detail better than modern lenses - I do really like these Angenieux lenses , they are as near as damn it parfocal too .

The 28-70mm is stunning - especially on faces and skin - this is my main lens for shooting girls.

tokina atx pro 28 70mm'' target='_blank'>tokina atx pro 28 70mm> tokina atx pro 28 70mm