I'm Selling some interesting Lenses...

Hans Punk

Normally I disapprove of using the forum just to flog lenses...but screw it, I'm having a clear out!

Thought it worthy to post, as there are a couple of lenses that I'm selling that I have not seen featured on the forum, and are pretty interesting. They are listed on ebay but would be happy to answer questions here.

For sale:

'Centascope' 1.5x (fixed focus)
Super-80 'Magnum' 1.5x
Iscomorphot 16/2x (non MC) + Redstan Clamp

Sample footage of centascope in low light (super-80 'Magnum' is same optical recipe/same flare but with bigger optics and focusable helicoid):

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I see you have a (Redstan?) clamp for your Baby Iscorama there on one photo, although it wasn't listed in the Ebay ad.

I got a non EOSHD member friend who has a baby Iscorama for which he has built some own clamp solution. Last time I spoke with him he was interested in finding some better clamp solution. So I thought I'd ask you if you'd be interested in selling your clamp?

I see you have a (Redstan?) clamp for your Baby Iscorama there on one photo, although it wasn't listed in the Ebay ad.

I got a non EOSHD member friend who has a baby Iscorama for which he has built some own clamp solution. Last time I spoke with him he was interested in finding some better clamp solution. So I thought I'd ask you if you'd be interested in selling your clamp?

Hi Dahlfors!

Unfortunately, the redstan clamp is only offered with the iscomorphot 16/2x auction.
The iscomorphot 8/1.5x (baby iscorama) auction is only for the parts pictured...for spares or repair. (no clamp offered with this)

The only other picture of a redstan clamp is In my CentaScope auction, this is 'for illustration purposes only' and not included in the sale.

Hope that clears things up :)

Regards!

I've always wondered, how do "fixed focus" lenses work?

In a nutshell: Stick one on a taking lens, stop that lens down to get variable range of focus distance, focus now controlled via taking lens + diopters for closeups under 3-4 meters.

I have found that lenses such as the fixed focus iscomorphot 8/2x and the Centascope 1.5x tend to have a 'sweet spot' of minimum focus of 3-4 meters and by taking the camera's taking lens to infinity, the fixed focus optics will generally accommodate that distance in it's optical design. (Stopping down the taking lens will also improve the focus range/sharpness as that is increasing depth of field .) The advantage of fixed focus lenses for DSLR use (I have found) is that they work very well with diopters.

QuickHitRecord Has an beautiful example in his 'isco anamorphic shootout' video of the fixed focus iscomorphot 8/2x - superb result with diopters.

In increments of diopter strength, it is possible to 'reel in' the minimum focus to great usable effect, and to allow rack focusing (although often limited range) to be achieved. I have found these lens types are perfect for portraits & closeups, with a low power diopter such as a Tokina +0.4 it becomes very usable (and sharp) for many indoor/closeup situations.

• 4 weeks later...

All above lenses are sold, thanks for the character reference guys!

Found one last lens in my drawer to shift (my last sales post, sorry!)...a re-branded 1.5x CentaScope fixed focus type, called 'Palamorphot' but a virtually identical build (widescreen center, London). This lens has an un-tinted/ clear flare from a different coating treatment which is quite unusual:

ebay link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251467788216

Cheers x