Panasonic G6: Faulty levelmeter?

bluefonia

I come from the camcorder world and have just bought my first (D)SLR camera. Did some research on the web, among others EOSHD, and from reading here I ended up with a Panasonic G6.

So far so good. I have bought a couple of prime lenses and are making pretty good progress on the camera. 

I got this issue with the G6 though:

The level meter, - by which I mean the meter which can show if the camera is in straight horizontal/vertical position, - is not accurate on the horizontal reading on my camera. When I hold the camera 100% horizontal the meter shows aprox. 5-10 degrees out of range.

Anybody else having this issue?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Andy, thanks for responding.

From reading different forum threads it seems that several people have got G6's with dead pixels. Also read some threads about focus peaking not working too well.

I have given it some thoughts and decided to keep my G6 despite the meter issue. On the copy I have there are no dead pixels, the focus peaking is in fact working very well and everything except the level meter is fine. In the end I really don't use or need that level meter and as the camera is purchased in a foreign online shop, it will be quite troublesome to exchange the it.

For a start I have purchased these lenses: Walimex Pro 85mm F1:4 / Nikon-mount, Sigma 19mm F:1.8 / MFT-mount and a Canon FD 50mm F:1.4.

Even the Canon FD makes pretty good focus peaking on my G6.

By the way - I´m pretty surprised by my quite cheap FD/MTF adapter. Besides precise inf. focus it also gives me step less aperture :-).

The Nikon/MFT adapter is also precise in focus, but does not give the added bonus of step less aperture.

For a start I have purchased these lenses: Walimex Pro 85mm F1:4 / Nikon-mount, Sigma 19mm F:1.8 / MFT-mount and a Canon FD 50mm F:1.4.

Even the Canon FD makes pretty good focus peaking on my G6.

By the way - I´m pretty surprised by my quite cheap FD/MTF adapter. Besides precise inf. focus it also gives me step less aperture :-).

The Nikon/MFT adapter is also precise in focus, but does not give the added bonus of step less aperture.

Hey blufonia!

How is the Sigma? Is it 1.8 or 2.8?

thx.

Hey blufonia!

How is the Sigma? Is it 1.8 or 2.8?

thx.

It is 2.8.

I went out yesterday and made a few shots with the Sigma. So far I like the lens, but the focusring made of smooth metal can be a problem in some situations. 

I made a short video - nothing fancy at all, but might be useful. Please read the comments before watching.  https://vimeo.com/86837287