Canon R5 or Sony a7SIII?

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, MrSMW said:

For pure stills, the R5.

For pure video, the Sony.

For hybrid, could go either way depending on your picture requirements.

Would be my opinion.

Sony all the way if it wasn't for the damn noise reduction. I'd probably still buy Sony over Canon as I am not going to deal with record limits or artificial overheating limits. 

Detail is an issue though. If you really want to punch in a lot the R5 will be way better. Again though its the damn cripple hammer. 

How about the Panasonic S1/S5/S1H/S1R instead 

For cinema quality S1 with update or S1H with that tasty OPLF. No mudd but fine grain at higher isos. Massive latitude for underexposure, which is best in class, much better at underexposure than Pocket6K with Braw.

Sony makes images muddy at higher isos. Rolling shutter is awesome though. For a video camera and as a hybrid or even cinema camera the S series impresses. A 1900 usd Lumix S5 blows a C300II out of the water imagewise, it is not even fair to put them in the same contest. Was grading underexposed C300ii 10bit material in UDH and Cine 4K the last week, UHD looking like mushy HD with temporal noise reduction, C4K with big pixel blocks in the shadows. Colours kept impressively intact though, I must admit.

10 minutes ago, zerocool22 said:

Not sure that you can. Maybe handheld would be better then a helmet cam. But its maybe also possible the IBIS or lens stabilization is causing the issue. 

I also wonder if this cannot be handled from optimizing the better settings to properly do the job, limiting the lens IS included.

No other (action) cam will be able to give you that FF outcome anyway :- )

37 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

I also wonder if this cannot be handled from optimizing the better settings to properly do the job, limiting the lens IS included.

No other (action) cam will be able to give you that FF outcome anyway :- )

Thats true, but in this case its not an advantage as you have lots of space between the subject and the background.

8 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

Thats true, but in this case its not an advantage as you have lots of space between the subject and the background.

That's a double challenge indeed : )

3 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Wash your mouth out with soap. 

Isn't that what they actually try?? ; )

It's not true such attempt is totally useless at all.

Without mention, cut is part of the process, post (part of this craft) is not only trying to correct with 10% warp stabilization.

That said, imperfection is part of this art. There is a level of tolerance on both ways for sure. Other than that it's just people complaining on web ;- )

4 hours ago, Emanuel said:

That's a double challenge indeed : )

Isn't that what they actually try?? ; )

It's not true such attempt is totally useless at all.

Without mention, cut is part of the process, post (part of this craft) is not only trying to correct with 10% warp stabilization.

That said, imperfection is part of this art. There is a level of tolerance on both ways for sure. Other than that it's just people complaining on web ;- )

Nothing wrong with that post work.

No action cam will mimic that.