Davinci resolve 17

zerocool22

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
9 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Ι am editing H265 since 2015 and with no exotic solutions, no way you still can't handle H265..

4:2:2 10bit no HW decoding so you need a very very fast cpu

4:2:0 10bit is HW decoded so no issue

problem is not resolve is the gpus that they do not support 265 10bit 4:2:2

For me:

Out of memory random errors. You restart resolve and then it works.

Optimize VRAM needed 

h265 10bit 4:2:2 All-I should be faster than IPB (currently is the other way around)

Faster way to save a still frame (currently you need to grab a still then go to the gallery and save it from there, would be cool a right click save as tiff menu)

Speed ramp that you can enter the % in the chart instead of moving the point

History of changes like photoshop to make it easy to do multiple undo

360 reframe without plugins or go in fusion

Stabilizer could be further improved

Object removal also should be improved

Zebra or flashing to show highlight clipping, same for black. Afaik you need to watch the waveform but there is no easy way to visualize where is clipping.

AI haze as latest version of photoshop

On 11/6/2020 at 4:32 PM, scotchtape said:

Something more stable than 16? 15.2 was solid for me. 16 crashes all the effing time for me. I turned on live save because of all the lost work.

Like three days ago I'd have said 16.x is 100% stable for me. Now it out of the blue crashes every time I try to set project framerate / resolution to anything but 24fps, and I didn't update anything (system currently not connected to the network).

I tried to use Resolve full time last year and I couldn't for various reasons.

Now I work almost 98% at the pre and production phases, so I do not pay Premier but I will need to edit at early 2021, so I hope this new Resolve will be the one..

I got a full copy with my P4K.

The clone tool has NEVER worked for me. It does not clone root folders, which is weird because as you format a SSD on a bmpcc4k, there are no subfolders to record in ...

It also stops, crashes and gives errors. Total unreliability, which is weird because they promote it as THE way to clone/copy/verify your original media.

?

I tried upgrading to the latest version of 16 recently it knocked out CUDA support for my graphics card.  Not sure why?  The previous upgrade I did a few months back worked okay.

I'll hold off 17 for when I have time to play around with my system and not have outstanding work need finishing.

There's plenty to be done to improve.  Silly things like of you zoom into the video, you can't drag the image by the mouse, you have to hold a key and use the scroll wheel depending on direction.  I'm sure in Premiere I could just move the image by clicking and dragging. 

16 hours ago, SteveV4D said:

I tried upgrading to the latest version of 16 recently it knocked out CUDA support for my graphics card.  Not sure why?  The previous upgrade I did a few months back worked okay.

I'll hold off 17 for when I have time to play around with my system and not have outstanding work need finishing.

There's plenty to be done to improve.  Silly things like of you zoom into the video, you can't drag the image by the mouse, you have to hold a key and use the scroll wheel depending on direction.  I'm sure in Premiere I could just move the image by clicking and dragging. 

There's a lot of annoying quirks that I have just gotten used to especially when it comes to multi-cam; it definitely does not sync multiple cameras using audio as well as Premier did and when you have a multi-cam clip you lose your color grade if you flatten the clip, you also can't reset your crop factor on multi-cam clips without flattening the clip first...etc, etc. Plenty of little quirks but Fusion is my biggest problem. It might as well not even be a tab in the NLE since it is so unstable, and even if I manage to work my way through a Fusion comp, good luck getting it to play smoothly in the edit page until it is cached which could take forever. After Effects was way smoother and more stable when it came to playback.