Widest Anamorphic adapters

PolyFi Ryan

Hi there! I have a film shoot coming up and I need to try to get a FF equivalent 30mm fov for a few shots inside of a car.

I have a schneider cinelux that does well with longer lenses like a 58, 85, 135. The closest I can get is about 40mm FF equivalent with slight vignetting

I want to invest in a kowa 16h or equivalent so that I can get a short scope to have a larger fov. Unfortunately I can't afford it for the foreseeable future

I was wondering if there were any other options in terms of short Scopes besides the kowa bh, Elmoscope II, & kowa 16h? Is the Proskar 16a  a short scope?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I looked into 1.33 adapters but for the price tag I could just get a kowa for a little more as I love the 2x look better.

According to Tito Ferradans anamorphic calculator with a pancake lens at 45 or 40 and a short scope I could get a fov of 27 to 30mm.

Just wondering if there cheaper options for a short scope beside the kowa & elmo II.

SLR Magic produce a 2x anamorphic adapter, the SLR-A502X, and I would suspect that might work with a slightly wider taking lens than your Cinelux.

They are fairly expensive new, but do come up on eBay every now and then.

There used to be a few videos on Vimeo and YouTube shot with the SLR-A502X. It's not the last word in sharpness, but has bags of character.

18 hours ago, PolyFi Ryan said:

No? I know it's easy to be a troll about anything on the internet. But I was just looking for a good faith answers like Grimor provided.

just a simple answer to your question, that's all, no need to get upset about it. There isn't a cheap alternative  2x scope that goes wide as those you mentioned. If you then are looking for a 2x scope same size of those you mentioned it's another story. Your personal troll

• 4 weeks later...

i can get down to a 40mm pancake lens on the type 1 elmoscope. With mft and a speedbooster, if my maths is right, and somebody should probably check that 🙄 40x .71 = 28.4. i would however be cautious hanging that all that out a car window,  looking in.

those russian nap lenes are pretty big especially the 2-4 i wonder if they would allow a wider lens. food for thought  

I came up with a solution for a 30mm FOV and love it but it's going to take some time and money for you to get all the pieces. It's MFT only and duel focus but I got it down based off of distances. Unfortunately there is no other way for DIY anamorphic to get this wide. LA700 would be the next best thing but you won't get this wide. 

I use a Voigtländer 40mm f2 instead of the Pen F 38mm and it looks even better then this video.