Good and Budget Tripod and Monopod for BMPCC + SB + Sigma 18-35

Abraham Torna

Hi 

I recently get this gear for my shortfilms and videoclips projects (Not run and Gun):

1- BMPCC with two Speed Booster (passive and pocket one)

2- Sigma 18-35mm f1.8

3- Fotodiox Step Up to 77mm

4- Tiffen 77mm Variable ND Filter

5- Tiffen 77mm T1 IR

6- B+W 77mm UV-Haze Filter

7- Marumi 77mm DHG Circular Polarizer

8- Xume Quick Release Adapter

Blackmagic Pocket Camera Z-Finder Still in WIP so no one from now.

Now I'm in the search of a good and budget wise Tripod and Monopod, this are my options right now:

Tripods:

- Magnun VT 4000

- Davis & Sanford Provista 7518

- Ravelli AVTP Professional 75mm Video Camera Tripod

- Manfrotto 504HD,546BK Video Tripod Kit with 504HD Head and 546 Tripod (Way too expensive)

Monopod: 

Manfrotto 561BHDV-1 Fluid Video Monopod with Head

What is the best option for the tripod ??, I'm missing other option ?, Is a good idea this monopod ?

Hope I can hear your opinions

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Thanks HuntinMinorKey for your answer:

I have the Sachtler ACE in mind too but in a lot of reviews appear that with the time the legs fall apart, seems something about glue  in the joins, But the head seems that is not problem at all. 

Do you have any issues that can report or you have a flawless experience with them ?

I have the Sachtler ACE in mind too but in a lot of reviews appear that with the time the legs fall apart, seems something about glue  in the joins, But the head seems that is not problem at all. 

Do you have any issues that can report or you have a flawless experience with them ?

Yes, the first series had a weak point at the spikes (the structure that holds them is made of plastic), they broke off easily. Not just a few items, hundreds.

Mine was broken on arrival:

ACE-legs.jpg

Many parts of the ACE are plastic, that's why it is so light.

Of course I got an immediate exchange and excuse. Sachtler in Germany is a company considered No1 for broadcast and film equipment, and they can be very, very expensive. They sit near Arri and 90% of all Arri cameras are carried by a Sachtler. They can't afford to deliver bad products. However, plastic is plastic. The quality of the pan head (very many plastic parts there) was never questioned, and many recommend to use it with (probably heavier) Manfrotto legs. I didn't have any problems since two years now, but that doesn't help you. I have the ground spreader version, which can be operated at lower height. There is also now a carbon fibre version (no double profile on the legs), equally light, but more expensive.

Use a good pan head if you plan to pan (and I used Vinten and Manfrotto 501Hdv before, not the same class, only price-wise), if the task is to make a static shot, cheaper and lighter tripods will do. We had this discussion recently: Pans are like zooms, one better uses them rarely.