How do I get Canon colors with a GH2?

acuriousman

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Guest 89e2bdf5797fbbdc17c2cc6da1413fa0

Does anybody know what settings I can use to get Canon Colors?

Yup. You'll find the settings you need on ebay.

Sell the GH2 and buy a G6. You'll get verything you get with a GH2, plus more, plus Canon-like colour.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

What exactly do you mean by "Canon color"? Never heard of such term. We've noticed Canon DSLRs tend to push reds/magentas in favour of skin tones but that's it, and that's only true for DSLRs, we haven't noticed it in the Cinema Eos line. You can match GH2's footage to any Canon one with moderate color correction experience.

What exactly do you mean by "Canon color"? Never heard of such term. We've noticed Canon DSLRs tend to push reds/magentas in favour of skin tones but that's it, and that's only true for DSLRs, we haven't noticed it in the Cinema Eos line. You can match GH2's footage to any Canon one with moderate color correction experience.

Yeah, I'll confirm, all Canon cams I've worked with skew 'red.'

But really, if you shoot vanilla and tweak colors in post, that issue takes care of itself.  I've cross cut with many different brands before.  Recently did a doc with Canon DSLR, Canon HDV, Nikon DSLR, and a GH1, was able to unify stuff in post without too much trouble; just gotta start as bland and flat as possible when acquiring your footage.

Does anybody know what settings I can use to get Canon Colors?

You mileage will vary, but I use...

Nostalgia

- Contrast +2

- Sharpness 0

- Saturation +2

- NR 0

White Balance (Normally Auto)

- Magenta (M-) +2 (i.e. 2 clicks down)

- Amber (A) +2 (i.e. 2 clicks left)

I use this for stills mode only, as I prefer Smooth -2, -2, -2, -2 with WB set against a grey card for video.