EVO PRO II feedback

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Any EVO PRO II shooter pilots over here?

I am still in love with this bird...

I really wanted to like it, the specs are impressive and it beats the Mavic's specs in every way, but DJI is just so good at what they do and they have so much experience at it that I have never seriously considered getting anything else.  Drones come with so much liability, you have to really trust that no matter what happens the drone is not going to come crashing down on someone's head or damage something around you. For me, DJI is the only one that I trust at the moment. I also get the feeling that DJI will do what they do best...find a way to beat the EVO PRO in every way possible if they decide that it is a competitive threat.

Personally I'm still flying the Phantom P4 Pro, My P4P has hundreds of hours of flight time, still rock solid reliable, and has probably paid for itself more times over than any other gear I own. I have the Mavic Pro as well but it's only used on small jobs because it does not do 4K60FPS and it cannot handle wind like the P4P can.

DJI software drives me crazy sometimes.

There have been times where I check ahead of time to make sure that no Unlocking is needed in the location I am going to shoot.

Then when I show up, the app is telling me I need to unlock that location. Of course, it is out in the boondocks and I don't have cell service, so I can't unlock the location by phone.

Then when I get home I look again and confirm that NO UNLOCK is needed for that location.

The other issues I have is where the "checkbox warnings" (I don't know what they are called, but they ask you to confirm that you are authorized to fly in that area and that you accept the responsibility to fly there), will pop up NUMEROUS times during the course of a flight. Literally, they will pop up 20 times during the course of one battery when i am flying in an area less than 100 meters square. Constantly having to consent to their requirements when trying to film drives me crazy.

Just now, Mark Romero 2 said:

DJI software drives me crazy sometimes.

There have been times where I check ahead of time to make sure that no Unlocking is needed in the location I am going to shoot.

Then when I show up, the app is telling me I need to unlock that location. Of course, it is out in the boondocks and I don't have cell service, so I can't unlock the location by phone.

Then when I get home I look again and confirm that NO UNLOCK is needed for that location.

The other issues I have is where the "checkbox warnings" (I don't know what they are called, but they ask you to confirm that you are authorized to fly in that area and that you accept the responsibility to fly there), will pop up NUMEROUS times during the course of a flight. Literally, they will pop up 20 times during the course of one battery when i am flying in an area less than 100 meters square. Constantly having to consent to their requirements when trying to film drives me crazy.

That shit also drives me nuts.

On 10/28/2020 at 1:38 AM, Mark Romero 2 said:

Had this happen in town on the showgrounds in the middle of an oval. My third or fourth flight, nobody around except a few blokes from the mens shed who wanted a demo. i had an all clear ready to take off, sent it up about ten meters, then the warning box popped up scared the crap out of me. Cant doing nothing till you click ok. I was in beginner mode which limits you to about thirty meters. So i wasn't doing anything to ambitious, Very annoying. Probably wont send it up anywhere near town in future lol. Don't need the aviation authority bashing down any doors 🙄

On 10/30/2020 at 2:42 AM, leslie said:

Had this happen in town on the showgrounds in the middle of an oval. My third or fourth flight, nobody around except a few blokes from the mens shed who wanted a demo. i had an all clear ready to take off, sent it up about ten meters, then the warning box popped up scared the crap out of me. Cant doing nothing till you click ok. I was in beginner mode which limits you to about thirty meters. So i wasn't doing anything to ambitious, Very annoying. Probably wont send it up anywhere near town in future lol. Don't need the aviation authority bashing down any doors 🙄

I don't know about the aviation rules in Australia, but I wouldn't say don't use it around town. I know I could do that because I am often hired for jobs in San Francisco where, as you probably know, it is kind of a big town. 

Here in the US, I sometimes get alerts when flying close to a closed down private airport. I mean, there are those large shipping containers on the runway, and the DJI app still notes it as an airport. Ugghhh...