DJI Osmo Pocket 2

Amazeballs

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 10/17/2020 at 6:58 PM, Amazeballs said:

https://dronedj.com/2020/10/17/dji-osmo-pocket-2-appears-to-leak-with-improved-camera/

So here is the leak, no exact specs for now but announcement in 3 days. I hope they don't go for 3yo Sony IMX 586 sensor. I hope for somethings bigger. 

The first model has been quite useful in my range of equipment... so high hopes this next version delivers something even better. 

Overall.. not a bad upgrade but not a breakthough of any sort. They could have easily put a 1\1.3 inch Omnivision sensor in there..

HDR mode remains to be seen, but it will be limited to 2.7K afaik. If the could pull off serious DR with it in 4k than I might be very interested.. 

• Super Members
11 hours ago, ShaunC said:

See, I knew this would happen. About a month ago I bought an Osmo Pocket, which I'm really happy with, but now this comes along. I obviously wasn't paying attention to the rumour sites. Sigh ... I'll just stick with my first generation purchase.

I know exactly how this feels.

I went through a phase of suspecting that clicking on the buy button on any product on Amazon also triggered the press release for the release of the next version of it.

With regard to this new version, I'm resisting it on the flimsiest excuse of the base of the body being a marginally different size so it won't be able to fit into my Z axis stabiliser.

Of course, this stoic resistance to consumerism will likely dissolve as soon as the manufacturer of the Z axis makes a new version.

I bought a pair of the originals.

Hated them. Sold them.

It wasn't really their fault, - just a bit fiddly and 2 more things to set up, switch on, switch off, put away...

And these things are always about 'wider' but actually I am probably an abnormality because I would prefer longer!

It was the one thing that annoyed me about my DJI OSMO Action that I replaced the 2 Pockets with, - it did not have a zoom or cropped function like my old Go Pro had. So I sold that also.

7 hours ago, Brian Williams said:

Got mine today from Best Buy, a few days early apparently. Getting some motor noise when it’s close to its limits, don’t remember the original one ever doing that, it’s pretty noticeable. Might have to return, unless someone can confirm that this is normal?

Have you tested the autocalibration. On the first version sometimes this resolve the problem with the noise 

15 hours ago, omega1978 said:

Have you tested the autocalibration. On the first version sometimes this resolve the problem with the noise 

I’m not sure which did it, but I did calibration as well as firmware update, and the noise has disappeared.

I’m pretty impressed so far, especially for photos, I never would have imagined using the pocket for photography, other than maybe panos. Look at the crop of this 64MP photo, blown out sky, yes I know, but the detail is pretty great-

C530F03E-E569-46B7-8259-174B15C83F28.jpeg

A99958C3-086B-4E42-909B-6EF8AD3178D0.jpeg