Compact vlogging lens options for a7s3 - 18mm Batis vs 16-35mm F4 vs something else?

dvcrn

Switching from Canon due to the recent EOS R5 debacle and looking at new gear to get.

I want one travel/vlogging lens that I can leave on the camera and use outside for video work. I am using the 16-35mm F4 IS from Canon and it's so hefty that I almost don't want to bring it. Sony has the 16-35mm TA F4 as well but the Batis 18mm looks reaaally nice, a bit more compact and lighter. (I'm a 50mm stills shooter so I don't care about the 35mm end).

IS is nice but with IBIS like on the a7sIII probably not so important, especially on wide angle. Zooming is nice to have, but I barely go over 19~20mm on my Canon.

Portability is the most important to me. I need a video lens at home as well that can be bigger but right now focus is run and fun with good autofocus. A big reason why I don't shoot as much travel stuff as I want to is because the 16-35L is just way too chunky. 

So I'm wondering about 16-35mm vs 18mm Batis for vlogging and traveling. Any other lenses I should be looking at that don't become glitchy with AF?

How hefty is the Batis? Is it light?

(Also considering a compacter APS-C setup, but if I can have everything on FE like with the a7c, that'd be sweet. So something that can stay compact on the a7c as well would be my dream lens)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I'd check for how good the video AF is with the Batis, some are better than others. The Sony 20/1.8 G would be my choice over the Batis 18, its faster, has an aperture ring and AF is amazing. I've used the 16-35/4 extensively as my main travel lens for a couple years, I had a really sharp copy and it was great - plus is has OS so it should offer better stabilization over any other UWA option. I've since moved to the 12-24/4 to go wider, it was tough selling that lens since my copy was so good. Another to consider in that price bracket is the Tamron 17-35/2.8, from reviews its really great. I have the 28-75 and 70-180, both are great on the a7s3. Personally with UWA's I prefer zooms to primes as you're usually shooting in situations that don't allow you to take a few steps back or forward to get proper framing - but that's my preference. The great thing is every option you're considering is available used.

Cheers

Chris