ProRes Raw and Davinci Resolve

ajay

Atm Apple definitely have the upper hand on camera supporting their RAW format.

People will have to choose FCX or Premiere with ProresRaw support or Da Vinci for BRAW and the RAW their camera support, or Red camera which red raw is supported by all NLE.

It's definitely not buy camera and expect to work with your NLE, or ur NLE will support all the feature from your new camera, have to pick a side!

Hence I m still on Premiere lol, can work with all cameras

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
58 minutes ago, Geoff CB said:

No, none of these compressed RAW formats are actually RAW, they are compressed raw formats that toss out data. They all need to be designed on a camera by camera basis. 

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I got confused because I was watching dpjourney (he seems to know what he is talking about) and he claimed that "RAW is RAW" but that wouldn't make sense then.

9 minutes ago, Mark Romero 2 said:

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I got confused because I was watching dpjourney (he seems to know what he is talking about) and he claimed that "RAW is RAW" but that wouldn't make sense then.

I guess video RAW is different than still RAW after all?

1 hour ago, Mark Romero 2 said:

I have been shooting compressed raw on my dslr for more than 10 years because I have seen test between Uncompressed and compressed with no perceivable  difference. My guess it must be close to the same for video RAW.

• 1 year later...

I don’t understand the logic of why this is not already done there is no upside to BMD not supporting this. I mean they literally support ever other raw format. Why all the stubbornness over Prores Raw. I mean why would you make it harder for someone to use your product? Get them onboard. Get them using resolve it can only increase the odds that they will purchase other products from you later on. Just cause you want then to use your camera? Really I mean if that is the case why support ARRI or RED?