FOR SALE Rectilux 3FF-S FVD - Berthiot Baby Hypergonar - Möller Anamorphot 32/2x

ChaosHD

Hello,

I’m selling a set which allows for switching between an ultra-compact lens and a wider one. It consists of a Rectilux 3FF-S Front Variable Diopter, a Möller Anamorphot 32/2x and a Berthiot Baby Hypergonar.

Rectilux 3FF-S

Designed to fit with anamorphic lenses in a compact setup without compromising optical quality (Actually, I noticed no difference in quality compared to my HCDNA.) As far as I know, it has been out of production for a while. The Berthiot Baby Hypergonar is known to be rare, but actually it’s this lens which was the hardest to get. Secondhand. I used it only once for a project which required an ultra-compact setup. Pristine condition. Ultra-smooth focusing.

Berthiot Baby Hypergonar

This lens became a legend notably because of its rarity. I prefer to save myself the effort of justifying its pedigree, and I’d rather refer those interested to the outstanding and authoritative work of Seb Farges. It’s an old lens. As is the case with every other one I’ve seen, there are some tiny blue spots on the glass or its coat, but nothing that affects its optical quality. Actually, I have never seen a cleaner one for sale on ebay or anywhere else.

Möller Anamorphot 32/2x

The original front lock ring is missing as it has been sold and serviced with the 3FF-S as a combo by John Barlow himself. I asked John but he could not find it. Purple flairs. Built like a tank. Glass in excellent condition. Body doesn’t appear in good shape, it suffers from leprosy as it seems a kind of black coat has been applied on it. I assume it is only old traces of  gaffer tape as I can scrape it out with my nail. body coat looks great under it.

Always a bit tricky to use a Front Variable Diopter with small anamorphic lenses. The 3FF-S is not a simple Front Variable Diopter but a concept, in the way it safeguards, rigidly connects and preserves the compactness of your lens, hosting it like a shell. it can potentially be coupled with all kinds of anamorphic lenses, provided that you have the matching coupling ring set. I can supply the Isco s8/2x one. I wonder if the Baby Hypergonar set does not also match with the Moller 8/19/1.5x. John Barlow still provides these sets. Each coupling ring or body set is maintained by three tiny hex screws, so don’t think you can switch between one lens and another on the fly, at least not as it’s initially designed.

The GH5 is here for illustration purposes, not included, to give you an idea of how compact this big boy is. As you see, it requires no cage or support base, but just looks like a simple still camera with a big lens and an optimal image quality

2000€

baby 3.jpg

baby 4.jpg

baby 2.jpg

baby 1.jpg

moller 1.jpg

moller 2.jpg

moller 3.jpg

baby 5.jpg

baby 6.jpg

baby 7.jpg

baby 8.jpg

baby 11.jpg

baby 12.jpg

baby 13.jpg

baby 16.jpg

baby 19.jpg

baby 20.jpg

baby 22.jpg

baby 23.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs